Ordering an amp from Fosiaudioshop, any likely issues with Customs?

gourav

Check this out

Thanks. From the responses there, it seems like 75% duty will have to be paid. Plus the hassle.

Hi Gaurav. I've imported a lot of Amps like SMSL AD18, TOPPING VX2, SMSL DAC etc from china before 2017 and never had an issue with paying extra customs for them. However a few friends of mine had to pay like 1.2k for a 9k amp as their parcel was checked and duty was levied. But I'm not sure what's the scene after 2017 due to the India-china border conflict. Mostly trade has been shut down from AliExpress and other portals and it's a pain in the rear end if parcels are opened by customs ( which is bound to happen as it's coming from china)
However there are few websites in India that are selling the same gear for an additional 2k extra. It's better u buy from them as you will also have a warranty period offered . But if you want to order some real chi-fi stuff that is sold only in China then you can take ur chance.

Hi Gaurav. I've imported a lot of Amps like SMSL AD18, TOPPING VX2, SMSL DAC etc from china before 2017 and never had an issue with paying extra customs for them. However a few friends of mine had to pay like 1.2k for a 9k amp as their parcel was checked and duty was levied. But I'm not sure what's the scene after 2017 due to the India-china border conflict. Mostly trade has been shut down from AliExpress and other portals and it's a pain in the rear end if parcels are opened by customs ( which is bound to happen as it's coming from china)
However there are few websites in India that are selling the same gear for an additional 2k extra. It's better u buy from them as you will also have a warranty period offered . But if you want to order some real chi-fi stuff that is sold only in China then you can take ur chance.
Plz name some of such companies or websites selling these Chinese products. Thanks 🙏🙇

Thanks for your inputs.

Just to update, I was in need of a stereo amp at the time and wanted one with in-built DAC and remote. Hence the choice of that model. However, given the hassles involved, I decided to buy a used Fosi Amp from the forum here. It doesn't have DAC or remote, but served my purpose for the time being. In future, if I feel the need, I'll add a DAC separately.

Thanks for your inputs.

Just to update, I was in need of a stereo amp at the time and wanted one with in-built DAC and remote. Hence the choice of that model. However, given the hassles involved, I decided to buy a used Fosi Amp from the forum here. It doesn't have DAC or remote, but served my purpose for the time being. In future, if I feel the need, I'll add a DAC separately.
No probs mate. However as an FYI...HifiMart sells awesome gear and have great prices too. For ex- they have a AIYIMA D03 on sale for 14k which is a Dac Amp along wit Bluetooth 5 ,sub out etc and a ton of input options .They stick some pretty good Class D Amos at brilliant prices,that allows us to avoid the hassle if paying duty at such high costs.just wanted you to know since I've already bought a Fosi amp.cheers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back