Outrageous hi-fi product(s) !

But... but...

What, exactly, defines this thing as "high end"? apart from the price? Apart from the fact that it is said to be "custom made", exactly what component on this board justifies its cost being higher than an average motherboard? For starters, wouldn't you expect a media centre to have something interesting in the way of a sound card? Wouldn't you think there should at least be a DAC with the sort of name that people murmur reverently and exchange knowing looks over? There isn't... there is the same intel very-bog-standard sound.

Wouldn't you expect a decent-size hard disk? For a media player? terabytes come cheep these days, and this has ... 250 meg. Oh wow.

Networking? Built in wireless, you say? I don't think so: standard 10/100/1000 ethernet.

In fact... I'm beginning to think I know how they custom make those boards: they buy low-cost PC boards and saw a chunk off! :eek:hyeah:

EDIT: Oh, and the final killer is... it runs vista!!!!!

Buddy

I cannot really explain the situation...for why we recommend these kind of systems for a professional setup with automation...there are a lot of issues, which we have gone through...

And moreover i dont own or resell this product so please dont blame me for there prices..

Secondly i never said tht this is a right product for a noob...
I said its a gud product for integration...

so there is a difference...and to make sure of that.. i said .. tht evn personally i use Popcorn Hour...

High End / Biggies are those people, who want all the best possible, without evn a hint of Issue like Hang, Playlist, Quality, Art, and a lot more...
And have enough money to get the same material...

So for every application there is a product...so u can say this HiFi product is for those... :)

Its really disturbing on seeing people praising some products as high end based on their price tag and also comparing it with some of the products that are on the other extreme. All those so called highend products are just a simple pc with audio, video, network capabilities which are well configured, nothing more than that. As an IT guy i can say for around 25-30k (w/o a dedicated HTPC cabinet, add a good cabinet for 15-20K and a 7 or 15" touch screen for 10K (rough calculation)) we can have a very "high end" HTPC. Add another 15-20K to make it good gaming rig. I am having a HD HTPC for 13K w/o a HTPC cabinet (for stereo it will be connected to Beresford Caiman DAC and for HT a full fledged HD sound card which can bitstream the HD audio for ~13K). I am also having WD Live which can be networked to this HTPC and a DIY NAS. I dont see any point in spending anything more than 50K for an htpc which is very user friendly as the so called high end players.

I think you got smthin wrong...

This product is not compared to HTPC at all...

Getting / Building a HTPC is a easy DIY job...
and this product has nothing to do with that...

Bro, even Intel Celeron is a processor and Intel Quad is a processor...

You can make your own PC at half the cost of the same config available in Branded systems...
I use a HP system for my personal, and my office got better config but, its assembled...and i know the difference...

I never said tht its a right product for individuals..
but yes its a right product for Integration...
And i seriously dont have words to xplain.. the difference...

Thats the reason i was telling, those are advertised as media players but if you see the components used, they are nothing else but an HTPC with components which are more capable than the normal media players and dedicated OS, but being compared with the normal media players and labelling them as high end. They should be compared with HTPCs and the question of integration to the home automation will not be a question at all...

I think you got smthin wrong...

This product is not compared to HTPC at all...

Getting / Building a HTPC is a easy DIY job...
and this product has nothing to do with that...

Bro, even Intel Celeron is a processor and Intel Quad is a processor...

You can make your own PC at half the cost of the same config available in Branded systems...
I use a HP system for my personal, and my office got better config but, its assembled...and i know the difference...

I never said tht its a right product for individuals..
but yes its a right product for Integration...
And i seriously dont have words to xplain.. the difference...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back