Over ear headphones under 200$

katyayan

Hi,

I am planning to buy Over ear headphones under 200$. Please suggest some good ones.
And also how is Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO - 80ohm?

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is superb and to me it's the best buy under $200. If you want wider soundstage and clarity, Audio Technica MSR7 is great but not much bass unlike the balanced DT770. Would you be using the headphones with amp or phone / laptop ?

I am planning to use headphones with PC and mobile. I guess i will try for few days and judge accordingly whether i should use amp or not.
Btw what about AKG k550?

AKG makes great cans but I've no idea about the K550 model, have to check online reviews. And when you're spending $200 on headphones, why not get an amp like FiiO A1 or A3 if you don't want to spend a lot. DT770 Pro + A1 will come under $200.

Thanks. I will consider buying amp also. Btw i am buying headphones from US so if ant other options are there plz tell me.

Hi there,

A few well reputed 'HPs' that can be got for under $200
- Audio Technica M50x
- Philips Fidelo X2 (just a shade over $200). You can get a lightly used one in your budget
- HiFiMan He400i. However, this may need a good amplifier since this is a planar HP
- Bayerdynamic DT880 premium
- Bayerdynamic DT900 pro
- AKG K701

You can check out head-if.com for some good reviews and pricing advice. The philips and audio technica are good options if you do not plan to get a headphone. They work well with mobiles. Bayerdynamic also has models that are mobile friendly - look for the low impedance ones (32 Ohm models)

best,
APK

Last edited:
Ok guyz i think i am finally going to decide between Audio Technica M50x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm. But which one still confused. Any more suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Ok guyz i think i am finally going to decide between Audio Technica M50x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm. But which one still confused. Any more suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Skip both and get the ath-m40x.
Definitely get the m40 over the m50.

Other headphones mentioned above will need some serious amping.
for eg, akg 701, dt880 he400 require a really good amp to run them.

A good amp will be required to run the dt-770 too. amping em gives it a lot more control

Finally went with beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80ohm. :)
I will use my headphones with both my PC and phone(have htc one). I have alc888 onboard audio in my PC. is there any need to buy any DAC or just amp is ok(like fiio a1 or a3).

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you'll need an AMP for your PC but for phone, you'll need the AMP.

And congrats :)

Last edited:
Back