Panasonic/LG vs Sony/Samsung

mikilbhatkar

I wish to buy a 42-50 inch LED TV. The viewing distance is 9 feet.
While checking out TVs at electronic stores, the Sony/Samsung tvs appear more richer in color/contrast as compared to Panasonic/LG. The Pana/LGs seem more on the brighter side.

Unable to figure out which is more natural ! Please advise.

Go with what you like . On Samsung/sony the colors are more saturated and not natural , many people like it that way including me . On the other hand LG panels have accurate color reproduction but seem on the dull side . Also most demo TV's in showroom have their display settings maxed out .

I wish to buy a 42-50 inch LED TV. The viewing distance is 9 feet.
e Sony/Samsung tvs appear more richer in color/contrast as compared to Panasonic/LG. The Pana/LGs seem more on the brighter side.

Unable to figure out which is more natural ! Please advise.

Ask the store rep to change the following settings to a more realistic figure that you would use at home for each of the TV's you are reviewing.

reducing contrast settings to no higher than 75 per cent of the maximum
brightness settings to between 40 and 50% of the maximum value
Colour setting in the middle
sharpness setting in the middle

Then you can easily compare and select the best.

Narrowed down to pana or LG. Any recommendations for 42 inch under 55k. Not looking for 3d and smart tv. Planning to use with Chromecast. One thing I noticed about Pana was the inability to play all formats.

lg/samsung plays more formats :) for sure compared to sony/pana but panasonic scores better than sony in smart aspects and sony scores betters in pq.
lg/samsung scores more on smart features .
lg/pana uses ips panels with better viewing angles. samsung uses va panels which gives more contrast/black levels .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back