Panasonic Plasma 42X20D or Toshiba LCD 42CV600E

laddankailu

Hi friends,

I am very confused between the two and I want to buy this week (it's been few weeks that I have been researching and I confess that I am pretty bad at my research).

I had made up my mind on the Panny Plasma 42'' X20 and went to buy it today. On display I saw the offer for Toshiba LCD 42'' CV600E which they claimed was full HD(1080i and not 1080p). The price difference was about 4K (Toshiba is expensive).

There are a lot of reviews about X20 in the forum and I think its a decent VFM buy. Can Toshiba CV600E owners/reviewers share your experiences?

I am confused which one to buy, please suggest.

PS: Frankly I am not confident on my visual evaluation but will summarize what I think I saw. To me LCD was brighter than Plasma and also had livelier colors. Another thing was that Black in LCD was real black whereas in Plasma it was a shade of grey. Further the edges of the words/prints in X20 we stable whereas in LCD were shaking.

Cheers,
Laddan

I desparately need an answer to this too.
@laddan: Did you try changing the settings for the plasma? Lots of salesmen make it look like shit on purpose.

Find about toshiba after sales.Also it appers it has marginal sales ..and sale is generally proportional to penetration ( not quality) of After sales service.

@hemantwaghe: Is after sales support a big issue with LCD/Plasma Tv's ?

I am currently using my 29'' Samsung from past 8 years and have not come across a need for any after sales support.

@baccilus: I tried changing the settings, colors on LCD were more livelier and Black was blackers on LCD as well. But the borders of the images were a little blurred and shaky.

@hemantwaghe: Is after sales support a big issue with LCD/Plasma Tv's ?

I am currently using my 29'' Samsung from past 8 years and have not come across a need for any after sales support.

@baccilus: I tried changing the settings, colors on LCD were more livelier and Black was blackers on LCD as well. But the borders of the images were a little blurred and shaky.

CRT was mature technology. LCD/Plasma is still evolving.
Right now every product is never fully tried and tested
( BTW some of the biggest quality fiascoes happened with Sony ( dell batteries) and toyota.)
So take your call
Read this forum ,members had issues with all the brands ( Ok maybe Sony I never read ,but I am not fully sure)

i have a LG PQ70 42" plasma. My own experience with Plasma has been that burn in issues still exist. Particularly if you watch movies with black bars on them or other bars - there is a high chance this will burn into the screen.
I have had my plasma replaced once already (in the guarantee period) and i am again starting to see a burnin coming up.
I would recommend a LCD if the price difference is just 4k (provided you get the service going forward of course)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back