Panasonic Plasma - Problem

gbharani

I have a Panasonic plasma from 2008 and touch wood has been fault free till now. When I switched on yesterday, the tv switches on for a second (Going from Red to green) and then goes into endless red light flashing without the TV switching on. With plasma not being repaired these days, what do I do ?

I am based in Chennai and the could the recent rains created humidity any issue ?

Donivlapog

I have a Panasonic plasma from 2008 and touch wood has been fault free till now. When I switched on yesterday, the tv switches on for a second (Going from Red to green) and then goes into endless red light flashing without the TV switching on. With plasma not being repaired these days, what do I do ?

I am based in Chennai and the could the recent rains created humidity any issue ?
After the rain go to Richie street and see if they can service it. Or else go for an OLED tv as a match in emissive technology.

Naveen_Reloaded

Works now. Had it dry up and then used a bit of hair dryer. Switched it on now and looks to be working without any issue. Thanks for your views guys. Fingers crossed on its continued life !!
But i would suggest you to dispose it and get a new oled one.

Once it doesnt work , its value plummets very badly. Its not to say that even at its current position it is highly valuable , but if it doesnt work , it wont even fetch a good price.

gbharani

But i would suggest you to dispose it and get a new oled one.

Once it doesnt work , its value plummets very badly. Its not to say that even at its current position it is highly valuable , but if it doesnt work , it wont even fetch a good price.
Does a plasma hold value these days ? I am ok to write it off once it gives up the ghost. Already slogged for 12 odd years and I cannot have repaired anyway. The quality for the price is still good !!

Naveen_Reloaded

Does a plasma hold value these days ? I am ok to write it off once it gives up the ghost. Already slogged for 12 odd years and I cannot have repaired anyway. The quality for the price is still good !!
unlike LCD / LED , plasma have limited life only. thats what i heard ..
I alsol love plasma , but will i buy a 12 yr old plasma ? defnitely not.. since it is at a point where anytime it can fail.

druk2004

I had same issue with my Panasonic Plasma ... after 9 years of use. Also, same issue faced by one of my friend. He tried to repair it and spent 15k. It worked for 6 months and again the same issue cropped up.

So, I did not go into repairs and changed the TV and bought an OLED. .... OLED gives similar picture quality as the Panasonic plasma.

gbharani

unlike LCD / LED , plasma have limited life only. thats what i heard ..
I alsol love plasma , but will i buy a 12 yr old plasma ? defnitely not.. since it is at a point where anytime it can fail.
Working touchwood after that issue without any problems. Will slog it till death and dispose it off to get an OLED or a QLED.

rahulsnh

I would plan to sell it off in few months. Plasma picture quality is awesome but once a TV develops a fault chances of it recurrence is pretty high. After recurrence you won't get any buyer, even disposing off for free will be quite a pain.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.