Panasonic PT-47WX42 TV - Projection TV is it worth going for it ?

attitudeprevails

Hi All

I have come across a Panasonic PT-47WX42 TV projecttion TV , its 2002 model not been serviced .

I would be able to get this for around 10k is it worth going for this model considering that we are in era of LCD and Plasma's

Experts comments or thougt from your end will be a great help !!

Regards
Abhishek

Well, i have a LG 44 inches projection TV which i bought in 2005 and was not used much as in 2007 i bought a plasma,The Tv has been kept in one corner of the room.

The only major cost that you will incur is the lamp or bulb of the projection tv. Which will cost around 7 to 10 k. rest should work fine ,

Well depends on what use you want to put it for. I just read the review at Cnet(Panasonic PT-47WX42 Projection TV reviews - CNET Reviews). Seems the TV can handle only 480i/p signals(upconverts all input to 480P). It can display i 1080i BUT will need an external HDTV tuner for that. There is no DVI/HDMI input.

So I think this TV will be worth only if you want to play PS2 games on it(as PS2 outputs in 480i/p) or just watch regular SDTV on it. Dont just jump at the prospect of a big screen at low price...I can understand the temptation but its important thing to remember is that you MUST ENJOY the picture once you turn it on. Otherwise after your initial euphoria of big screen dies...you wont even care to look at the set.

So I did say its good for SD stuff but not for HD movies. If you are short of cash like me(and everyone else :)) just try saving and keep an eye on models and wait for a sale or bargain to come up and lay your hands on something you always dreamed of buying !

Back