Parasound Zpre2

denom

Banned
Banned
Anyone have any experience with this pre-amp???

Product Lines > Parasound Z > Zpre2 Two Channel Zone Preamplifier

zpre2_front_big.jpg

Looks very interesting.

Srini,

yes I am on the look out for a good pre. Share your gyaan if you have any on this pre amp.

Thanks.

zpre2_rear_577.jpg

Looks like a nice little preamp for the price of USD399 Retail. I wonder how much its available for in India. Operating manual says the universal voltage selector is underneath on the bottom panel, so I guess it can be purchased from anywhere in the world and used anywhere and it seems pretty small enough to transport across the world.

Would be nice to get some user feedback on the sound quality and performance if anyone on the forum has used it before

'Good pre' is a pretty open ended term. What setup do you plan to use it in? Do you need gain? If no, a passive might be better.

Jai, the preamp will be for an active speakers set-up.
Have you used this pre-amp or have any info on it?

I have at-least tried 5no's of Proper Preamp + preout in Integrated amp(4 no's) including 1 No.DIY pre.( now also have two proper preamp + 3 Integrated amp with pre-out to test) Everything has different characteristic and something different from each other in imaging + sound characteristic. Matching with an proper power amp is an important thing.

Parasound is also an good pre and it should be matched with Para Power.

I've heard the entry level pre from Parasound's Halo line. Within their lineup, that's two levels above this and even that is not really that good. I much preferred the Promitheus passive pre - and this was with the Halo power amp.

If you are unsure if a passive will work in your setup, you are welcome to borrow mine and try.

Which active speakers are you planning to use?

Unless an active preamp is well designed ( usually costly unless DIY), it will actually degrade the sound. If budget is low, go with passive preamps. There are many variations using transformers, leds and so on.

Back