Passive Soundbar Help...is the best the Goldenear?

roger sercombe

Hi, I would love to know which is better:

Monitor Audio PB2 $1000NZ or the PB3 which is slightly wider than the tv, but only $200 more?...can the pb3 justify the worse cosmetics for a better center speaker sound?

OR

$1500 gets me the Goldenear superCinema 3D Array X (not the large XL).

I assume this is worth the extra spend...but I cannot get to listen to them and hope someone else has an opinion.

History: My old faithful 5.1 system is upset now that my wife has purchased a corner suite that means my front left floorstanding speaker has to go! To keep things simple a passive soundbar will replace my front and center speakers and sit above my 55" panasonic VT55 on a ledge. (as the stand doesn't leave enough room to place the bar below the tv on my unit.) I have a Yamaha receiver RX-V1900, yamaha yst-500 sub and some cheap kenwood book shelf rears. (my center speaker will be sold)

I had considered the samsung HW-MS650 soundbar and the impressive $2200 HW-N950 full surround system but they seems like starting again when I have good bones already? ....however I do not believe that this is the better audio/movie quality choice?

Any experiences or opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Roger

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back