PCM1792 Burr Brown DAC - KIT ordered

Hari Iyer

Today i ordered the PCM1792 Burr Brown DAC - assembled KIT from Aliexpress. I know that a complete assembled Finished Good is also available but again its 5 times more expensive that having the skd kit. It will require only an power transformer and case to enclose it.

boutique fixtures Picture - More Detailed Picture about Free Shipping! 1pc PCM1792 DAC decoder board boutique pcm1792 + pcm2706 Picture in Other Electronic Components from Super Electric modules Market | Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

PCM2706 is limited to 16/48 over usb. Also the usb implementation is horrible.

@ reignofchaos - Have you heard this particular kit? This has been around for almost an year hence curious to know from you. I may plan to replace the opamps with other low noise versions. May not use it much for usb but with SPDIF. My current dac is ciruss logic (Marantz cd5400). Hoping this BB to better its performance (if any). The Matrix M-DAC also has used the PCM1792 in one of its model and was reviewed to be a good DAC. It had a higher price tag though a year ago.

Last edited:
@ reignofchaos - Have you heard this particular kit? This has been around for almost an year hence curious to know from you. I may plan to replace the opamps with other low noise versions. May not use it much for usb but with SPDIF. My current dac is ciruss logic (Marantz cd5400). Hoping this BB to better its performance (if any). The Matrix M-DAC also has used the PCM1792 in one of its model and was reviewed to be a good DAC. It had a higher price tag though a year ago.

Nope haven't heard this but have had multiple PCM2706 based Chinese DAC's. All of them are universally horrible. If you plan to use spdif it should be fine though.

Pcm2706 is from texas instruments and does not hv impresive specs. It has analoge voltage out and can be difetly conected to a amp after preamplification unlike other 24 bit dacs which needs a opamp used as low pass filter. Its mostly the opamp that decided the auality of the analoge signal imo. The 2706 also has a spdif out, if this signal can be routed through the pcm1792 it can offer all the benefits of this. This could be a mod that i may work upon in the future.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back