PeeCeeBee preamplifier

Thanks Nikhil... the build is taking me a little longer than initially anticipated. I am hoping to complete it by this weekend.
Will leave a message to you when i am done with it.

Temporary hook up done, checked the rail voltages (was reading 13.75 VDC) and decide not to trim.
As the module came fully populated and tested by Shaan, i did not go through the preliminary steps (before powering up)

For testing i have used an Alps pot on volume (will connect the attenuator later on when i do final wiring)... only hitch is the signature pot PCB has common ground, and this resulted in a ground loop (hum), audible when the SIG pot is turned halfway (will need to make a proper PCB)

So, kept the SIG pot at minimum and went on with a listening test. Shaan suggests some prolonged listening with the signal set to different positions for different music types to find your individual preferred settings for these. I’ll be exploring this during the next few weeks or so, after eliminating the hum.

1636623070246.jpeg

1636623083319.jpeg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back