philips hi-q international radio-tuner-amplifier

Shailendra

Hi Guys!!!!

This is my first post, hence request you to go easy on me.:)

I am looking out for a particular radio-tuner-amplifier model number RH-738 (or RD 143098-99). The brand is Philips Hi-Q International.

In case this is not available, then any radio-tuner-amplifier compatible with turn table make Philips RC 10747. I already have this turntable.

No problems even if it is a new one or used one. I am ready to buy. I am currently based in UAE, but this is required for my home in Hyderabad, India.

Thank you in advance for your help.

all the very best with your search. philips hi-q and hi-fi international systems dominated the 1970s. I happen to still have the original hi-q international full-range speakers which I inherited from my late father.

sir i have a pair of high q international speakers which i want to use for my home theater systemz rear speaker, i m plannin an entry level yamaha av reciever and a pair of f150s.. Kindly suggest thx :)

In also have inherited hi-q from my late father. My father used to work in Philips Audio division Quality Control and he had assembled this player all by himself at home by buying individual parts from the Factory. So I keep it runnning inspite of having a newer TT that I also brought for my father from abroad (it has USB outputs to ease conversion of Vinyl to Mp3 is anyone wants).

However one word of caution to sudipto is that if you are planning to use them as rears just get it verified the impedance of these, I am not totally sure but they may be 4ohms and see if that is supported by your amp. Otherwise you will end up damaging your amps.

In also have inherited hi-q from my late father. My father used to work in Philips Audio division Quality Control and he had assembled this player all by himself at home by buying individual parts from the Factory. So I keep it runnning inspite of having a newer TT that I also brought for my father from abroad (it has USB outputs to ease conversion of Vinyl to Mp3 is anyone wants).

However one word of caution to sudipto is that if you are planning to use them as rears just get it verified the impedance of these, I am not totally sure but they may be 4ohms and see if that is supported by your amp. Otherwise you will end up damaging your amps.

spot on, they are 4 ohms full-range drivers

From experience listening to the Philips Hi-Q international speakers since my childhood days till about 1990, I can tell that they are very sensitive and bright. I'd suggest you use an amp that is warm and pleasant. The Indian solid-state amps of the late 70s and early 80s fit this billing. Maybe you should try looking for the matching Philips amp or use a Cosmic amp. If you are lucky and can push the budget a bit, a vintage NAD 3020 will be the best option. This is however, from a 2-channel stereo listening perspective.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back