Phono for turntable

It would be good if you can mention as to whats your budget and what cartridge/TT/Tonearm you are using ? Can give better suggestions as your phono needs to be a good match wth the cart and the cart with the tonearm/TT

It would be good if you can mention as to whats your budget and what cartridge/TT/Tonearm you are using ? Can give better suggestions as your phono needs to be a good match wth the cart and the cart with the tonearm/TT
I have Technics SL1200MK3D TT and Ortofon 2m cartridge

The trigon , mentioned by Soundbuff above , and sold by Jochen is a fantastic phono. you could write to him on [email protected]

else the usual suspects like Graham Slee / Lehman audio are all good options.

What is your say about Rega
Rega is very flat, not better than your internal Phono. I did little research, here is few phonos I would recommend.

1. Schiit Mani - Gr8 punch, balanced bass and treble, [ I recommend it in your scenario ]
2. Music Fidelity v90 LPS- you can expect exceptional bass and treble and great loud only down side is costlier compared to Mani.
3. Pro-ject Box E - Good bass and treble and sounds flat/netural like Rega

As you told that your cartridge is red, you have to move asap to Blue stylus for gr8 sound improvement.
please check in classified Blue stylus is available for sale.

+1 for Schiit Mani and your cart.
The ProJect Tube Box is also a decent phono pre for the price, but I don't see it being talked about too much these days.

What is your say about Rega

The Schiit Mani may be better than Rega and Project going by many reports but only for MM as its MC is not that great. The advantage the Trigon has is that it is great for MC and MM considering and will last you many upgrades including the DL103.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back