Picture Calibration and attaching 5.1 Speakers to Samsung UA40D5000

hitsum

Hi All,

After reading lots of comments on Samsung UA40D5000 from you guys, I finally own one.

Now, I need your help on two things:

1. Optimal picture settings. My room is not dark and viewing distance is around 8 feets.

2. I have a 5.1 speakers (subwoofer seems to be powered as I have to connect it to power supply. The subwoofer has 3.5mm jack input and on the other end of the cable is 2 RCA. Please help me where to plug these two RCA on the TV? The service guy told me that either I need speakers with Optical input or else I will have to connect to Headphone output on TV.

I am confused.

Please help.

By the way I am prestty impressed with the picture quality so far.

Thanx

Hitesh

Hi All,

2. I have a 5.1 speakers (subwoofer seems to be powered as I have to connect it to power supply. The subwoofer has 3.5mm jack input and on the other end of the cable is 2 RCA. Please help me where to plug these two RCA on the TV? The service guy told me that either I need speakers with Optical input or else I will have to connect to Headphone output on TV.

Buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable and connect the headphone out of the TV to the subwoofer.

cable_35mm-35mm-stereo.jpg

Thanx guys,

But it does not seem to work for me. I connected the cable ontherocks suggested from headphone out from tv to subwoofer. But somehow there is no sound.

The speakers are working, i checked by connecting other device.

By the way, I have connected set top box to view my tv if that helps in finding the problem.

when I connect the speakers directly from set top box, it works fine.

Also, when connecting from via headphone jack to speakers, shall i keep the speaker settings on external speakers or tv speakers???

Thank you all for your help!!!

Thanx guys,

But it does not seem to work for me. I connected the cable ontherocks suggested from headphone out from tv to subwoofer. But somehow there is no sound.

The speakers are working, i checked by connecting other device.

By the way, I have connected set top box to view my tv if that helps in finding the problem.

Thank you all for your help!!!
Do you get audio from the TV speakers?
If yes, connect a pair of headphones to the headphone out of TV and see if you get audio through the headphones. If yes, you should get audio from the 5.1 speakers using the cable I mentioned, unless the cable is defective.

when I connect the speakers directly from set top box, it works fine.

Also, when connecting from via headphone jack to speakers, shall i keep the speaker settings on external speakers or tv speakers???
The setting should be the same as when you connect the speakers to STB directly.

Last edited:
Thanx again.

TV speakers works fine. When I connect the headphones to headphone out, I get no sound from headphones.

When I connect the headphones, should the setting be "external speakers" or "TV speakers"?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back