Pioneer BS22LR or Yamaha NS-8390 or Polk T50

JrM1

Hello friends, I am new to forum so not sure if this is the right way to put my query.. but anyway here it goes:

I am planning to buy a pair of front speaker to hook-up to my Yamaha HTR-2064 receiver(YHT-196).

I have shortlisted below 3 speakers:
Pioneer BS22LR, Yamaha NS-8390 and Polk T50.

It will be for mixed use, both for music and movie.

My room size is 19x11. My seating position will be 10 feet away. My TV counter have 16 inch space. So if i go for bookself BS22 then after i place these only 7 inch left from back wall. Floor standing will not have this problem.

Please suggest which one will be better out of these 3. I am really confuse, plz help me out.

Welcome to the forum, out of above 3 options shortlisted by you - I would suggest go ahead with Polk T50 its VFM.

Welcome to the forum, out of above 3 options shortlisted by you - I would suggest go ahead with Polk T50 its VFM.
Thank you apbinu, will there be a big difference between Pioneer BS22LR and Polk T50. I am looking for better sound quality. Which one will have better sound quality?

look at taga tav 606f se. They very good tower at lower budget. I am using tav 806f and absolutely love them

Thank you apbinu, will there be a big difference between Pioneer BS22LR and Polk T50. I am looking for better sound quality. Which one will have better sound quality?
Polk T50 has one 6.5” mid driver, two 6.5” bass drivers for a tight mid and bass response along with a 1” silk waveguide dome tweeter with a for a crisp high-frequency response. Has freq response as low as 38hz - 24khz and sensitivity of 90db, all this config will provide you better sound stage in both case while watching movies or listening to music. Hence I feel its complete VFM, please audition speakers before buying as AV is very subjective.

Cheers,

Polk T50 has one 6.5” mid driver, two 6.5” bass drivers for a tight mid and bass response along with a 1” silk waveguide dome tweeter with a for a crisp high-frequency response. Has freq response as low as 38hz - 24khz and sensitivity of 90db, all this config will provide you better sound stage in both case while watching movies or listening to music. Hence I feel its complete VFM, please audition speakers before buying as AV is very subjective.

Cheers,
life would had been much simple if we could have decided speaker by just counting no. of drivers.

Hello friends, I am new to forum so not sure if this is the right way to put my query.. but anyway here it goes:

I am planning to buy a pair of front speaker to hook-up to my Yamaha HTR-2064 receiver(YHT-196).

I have shortlisted below 3 speakers:
Pioneer BS22LR, Yamaha NS-8390 and Polk T50.

It will be for mixed use, both for music and movie.

My room size is 19x11. My seating position will be 10 feet away. My TV counter have 16 inch space. So if i go for bookself BS22 then after i place these only 7 inch left from back wall. Floor standing will not have this problem.

Please suggest which one will be better out of these 3. I am really confuse, plz help me out.

Welcome to the forum!

Suggest you read the specs and check which would be better in terms of SPL, output and frequencies outputted.

I would suggest to pair with the Yamaha as they will pair well.

Read reviews and audition where possible.

All the best

Welcome to the forum!

Suggest you read the specs and check which would be better in terms of SPL, output and frequencies outputted.

I would suggest to pair with the Yamaha as they will pair well.

Read reviews and audition where possible.

All the best
Hi efernand1, thanks for helping me out.. but i did not get which one will pair well with Yamaha.

Also can i place Pioneer bs22 just 6 or 7 inch away from back wall. Many place its been told to keep atlist 1 or 2 foot away from back wall. As Pioneer is easily available so i may end up buying that.
Even yesterday i was looking at Micca MB42X, although not sure how good those will be looking at there size.

Thanks again for all the help

To go with your receiver, you should be looking at the Polk.

MaSh
Hi Mash, thaks for your suggestion and help. Just a quick query:
Can i place Pioneer bs22 just 6 or 7 inch away from back wall. Many place its been told to keep atlist 1 or 2 foot away from back wall. As Pioneer is easily available so i may end up buying that.

Even yesterday i was looking at Micca MB42X, although not sure how good those will be looking at their size.

Can i place Pioneer bs22 just 6 or 7 inch away from back wall. Many place its been told to keep atlist 1 or 2 foot away from back wall. As Pioneer is easily available so i may end up buying that.

Even yesterday i was looking at Micca MB42X, although not sure how good those will be looking at their size.
Hey Hi,

Those pioneer are very good speakers, however, they need good amounts of power to really shine which I am not sure whether your receiver can deliver. Hence did not suggest it.

All speakers need space to avoid the wall effect. You can keep them close to the wall, however, the bass could feel a bit bloated.

MaSh

just discuss pioneer warranty with the dealer. pioneer is out of home audio business in india.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back