pioneer DV 600

rhk

Bought the pioneer DV 600 a couple of years ago and hooked it up to my TV and av receiver as follows
1. DVD to TV via HDMI as I sometime watch movies without the amp switched on.
2. Dvd to amp through component video cables, digital coaxial cable, and amp to tv with hdmi ( av receiver can only upconvert to 1080i). This was mainly for on screen display for the receiver.

Recently the HDMI output from the DVD player has stopped, and is not recognizable by the tv. I have swapped the HDMI cables at the TV input with no success. On the DVD player menu the HDMI selection display remains greyed out. Resetting the player several times has had no success.

Has any one had a similar issue ?

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

In the initial menu setting, the video out, and HDMI selections are 'greyed out'
Cannot select any of them with the remote.

Disconnected the component cable, and tried a new HDMI cable. Still could not select HDMI output on the player.

When I connect the dvd to the TV with the HDMI cable , HDMI light is lit on the player, but no image is seen on the TV. The TV displays 'invalid scan frequency'

The TV has 2 HDMI inputs, and I have tried switching them, but results are the same. HDMI output from AVR works in both TV inputs.

Have reset the players several times, but the results are the same.

Has anyone tried a firmware change ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back