Pioneer vsx 323 HDMI board problem

gauthamnaidu

Hello guys.. It's been quite some time since I have been here..

So my Pioneer amp suddenly has the issue where none of the inputs could detect video

I tried all the 4 HDMI inputs.. Optical audio out was working since I could get the output from the stb.. And I'm pretty sure the HDMI arc was working too because before connecting the optical to check if it was only the HDMI issue or something else I could hear audio from the TV to the amp..

So now.. I have taken the amp to a authorized center in coimbatore.. Mr Sabu. He has. Helped me out before too and. Quite a nice guy.. He diagnosed the HDMI board to be of fault and checked. With the company and said that it. Would. Cost 13k for. A new. Board..

What should I do now

Keep the amp only for. It's audio capabilities? USB ipod and radio etc.. And buy another one?

Sell the amp for. Cheap? And get. Another one?

Repair it. For. 13k..is it. Worth it? Would I be able to buy a new. One. For slightly higher?

Try and source the spare for a lesser price if possible.. Is there someone who can help me out?

Very confused now..

Thanks in advance for helping out..

So my Pioneer amp suddenly has the issue where none of the inputs could detect video

I tried all the 4 HDMI inputs.. Optical audio out was working since I could get the output from the stb.. And I'm pretty sure the HDMI arc was working too because before connecting the optical to check if it was only the HDMI issue or something else I could hear audio from the TV to the amp..

So now.. I have taken the amp to a authorized center in coimbatore.. Mr Sabu. He has. Helped me out before too and. Quite a nice guy.. He diagnosed the HDMI board to be of fault and checked. With the company and said that it. Would. Cost 13k for. A new. Board..

What should I do now

Keep the amp only for. It's audio capabilities? USB ipod and radio etc.. And buy another one?

Repair it. For. 13k..is it. Worth it? Would I be able to buy a new. One. For slightly higher?

Try and source the spare for a lesser price if possible.. Is there someone who can help me out?

Very confused now..

My suggestion would be discard it or keep for something instead repairing.
Not worth for 13K for repair
May b you can ask Mr Sabupaul for exchange options if any.He knows few 2nd hand seller i believe.
Had been in Coimbatore for 7 years.Nice city

[emoji41]

My suggestion would be discard it or keep for something instead repairing.
Not worth for 13K for repair
May b you can ask Mr Sabupaul for exchange options if any.He knows few 2nd hand seller i believe.
Had been in Coimbatore for 7 years.Nice city

[emoji41]
I was actually hoping someone who had a pioneer amp and not using it for other reasons why it doesn't work now would be looking to sell the board alone.. I will talk to Mr Sabu again today.. Just irritated with pioneer...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Repair it. For. 13k..is it. Worth it?

Nope..Not worth IMO.. If the HDMI board was 3 - 4K, you can risk doing it.. But 13K seems unreasonable..

My Onkyo AVR also had HDMI burn-out issue & i spent as much as 30K to reinstate it, But no help there..

Would I be able to buy a new. One. For slightly higher?

This would be better option..

Just irritated with pioneer...

This is the case with Denon/ Marantz / Yamaha AVR's too.. There is some-kind of failure with all these brands at somepoint of time..

Nope..Not worth IMO.. If the HDMI board was 3 - 4K, you can risk doing it.. But 13K seems unreasonable..

My Onkyo AVR also had HDMI burn-out issue & i spent as much as 30K to reinstate it, But no help there..

This would be better option..

This is the case with Denon/ Marantz / Yamaha AVR's too.. There is some-kind of failure with all these brands at somepoint of time..
Actually just got the final estimate.. 16k.. New one.. Vsx 523 is 26k with Bill... [emoji17]

What should I do now

Very confused now..

Hi

Sad reality is that HDMI boards do fail at a point in time...nothing is made in JAPAN to last long enough.....

You could possibly check if you can source replacement board on your own means ebay or something and check with the repairer how much will he charge to replace only...

Another option is to use the AVR as is...analog...not sure if optical in will work...you can still give the video signal to TV...

Sell the AVR as is ....this is the next option....

Post your challenge in the Pioneer AVR Owners Thread....someone may possibly have a dead Pioneer AVR lying around and perhaps can give you the board...

Hi

Sad reality is that HDMI boards do fail at a point in time...nothing is made in JAPAN to last long enough.....

You could possibly check if you can source replacement board on your own means ebay or something and check with the repairer how much will he charge to replace only...

Another option is to use the AVR as is...analog...not sure if optical in will work...you can still give the video signal to TV...

Sell the AVR as is ....this is the next option....

Post your challenge in the Pioneer AVR Owners Thread....someone may possibly have a dead Pioneer AVR lying around and perhaps can give you the board...
I was thinking of the last option.. Have to do the search from the desktop in the morning... It's hard to figure out in the mobile... Thanks a lot ?

I hope this isn't a spill over of the HDMI problems Onkyo receivers are known for. I say this as Pioneer's and Onkyo are now one company. If there is component sharing, this problem could happen.

Hdmi boards failing have started to become a common occurrence on AV receivers. It is unfortunate that there isn't the right skill around to repair them.

I hope this isn't a spill over of the HDMI problems Onkyo receivers are known for. I say this as Pioneer's and Onkyo are now one company. If there is component sharing, this problem could happen.

Hdmi boards failing have started to become a common occurrence on AV receivers. It is unfortunate that there isn't the right skill around to repair them.
From what i hear.. No repairs.. Only board changes

So issue bypassed by connecting all the HDMI ports directly to the the TV and using the optical out from the TV to the amp thereby saving 16k on the old one or the 30+key on the new one at the moment.. I can make my decision based on money flow rather than the urgency.. I sincerely thank elango who I had spoken more than 3 years back and he still remembered our conversation and helped me now by providing various practical alternatives.. And thank you all guys too for the input...

P. S the service guy recommended Yamaha amps against all others.. He said they are the least which comes for service /problems.. Either could be less number being sold.. Or less problems as he mentioned.. Any idea?

So issue bypassed by connecting all the HDMI ports directly to the the TV and using the optical out from the TV to the amp thereby saving 16k on the old one or the 30+key on the new one at the moment.. I can make my decision based on money flow rather than the urgency.. I sincerely thank elango who I had spoken more than 3 years back and he still remembered our conversation and helped me now by providing various practical alternatives.. And thank you all guys too for the input...

P. S the service guy recommended Yamaha amps against all others.. He said they are the least which comes for service /problems.. Either could be less number being sold.. Or less problems as he mentioned.. Any idea?

I am a satisfied customer. Yamaha Rx v477 going strong 4 year's now. No issues so far and works like a champ.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

I am a satisfied customer. Yamaha Rx v477 going strong 4 year's now. No issues so far and works like a champ.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Thanks Sandeep.. Will consider it... ?

I have Marantz AV processor AV 7005 and the HDMI board is dead. You said that you connected all the HDMI ports dire to the tv. I am much confused now. Could you elaborate as to what exactly you meant. In my case I can only get the sound when I connect the HDMI cable, picture is missing. Please kindly write back. Thanks in advance

I have Marantz AV processor AV 7005 and the HDMI board is dead. You said that you connected all the HDMI ports dire to the tv. I am much confused now. Could you elaborate as to what exactly you meant. In my case I can only get the sound when I connect the HDMI cable, picture is missing. Please kindly write back. Thanks in advance
Must be source video out directly to TV and audio connected to avr via optical or coaxial.

What should I do now

Very confused now..

Hello Sir,

When I faced a similar issue much much later and looking around I found this thread. After a lot of investigating I found that it was caused by the DAC ic on the hdmi board. As you know probability of finding a right technician was difficult and i think in 2022 pioneer’s service centre also ceased to exist and not that I would go there if it did exist. They are for sales only anyway. So now that I knew and almost 100% sure of the cause I first tried the two different types of reset and it worked for a few times before breaking down again. So one fine day I opened it and my techie eye noticed that hdmi board was the only main board placed horizontally meaning it lets all the dust sit on it and the dac ic I referenced to earlier was submerged in fine dust. Anyhow apart from that I didn’t find any burns or anything else. All other boards were vertical so mostly clean. Next thing I found myself cleaning the hdmi board with isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. I gave it a nice thorough clean and made it shine thinking it will make me smile in return. Next I tested it carefully and monitored for a few next days and so far its been running as good as new. I also cleaned the dsp ic and a few other ICs on the board while I was there. Posting it here if it helps other sound enthusiasts like me. Sorry I couldn’t be any sooner.

Note: logically I think since dust/silica is electronically conductive, it was somehow sorting the IC connectors making it run over heated. I checked later and it now runs cold even after a good several hours of use. When I checked before the DAC IC was running super hot.

Hello Sir,

When I faced a similar issue much much later and looking around I found this thread. After a lot of investigating I found that it was caused by the DAC ic on the hdmi board. As you know probability of finding a right technician was difficult and i think in 2022 pioneer’s service centre also ceased to exist and not that I would go there if it did exist. They are for sales only anyway. So now that I knew and almost 100% sure of the cause I first tried the two different types of reset and it worked for a few times before breaking down again. So one fine day I opened it and my techie eye noticed that hdmi board was the only main board placed horizontally meaning it lets all the dust sit on it and the dac ic I referenced to earlier was submerged in fine dust. Anyhow apart from that I didn’t find any burns or anything else. All other boards were vertical so mostly clean. Next thing I found myself cleaning the hdmi board with isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. I gave it a nice thorough clean and made it shine thinking it will make me smile in return. Next I tested it carefully and monitored for a few next days and so far its been running as good as new. I also cleaned the dsp ic and a few other ICs on the board while I was there. Posting it here if it helps other sound enthusiasts like me. Sorry I couldn’t be any sooner.

Note: logically I think since dust/silica is electronically conductive, it was somehow sorting the IC connectors making it run over heated. I checked later and it now runs cold even after a good several hours of use. When I checked before the DAC IC was running super hot.
Thank you for sharing this. I completely agree with you Receivers lives are literally halved by dust. The vents need to be covered after cooldown feom
Playback .

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back