Planning to buy PS3 for Gran Tourismo 5

MaheshN

Hi,

I have finally decided to buy a PS3 primarily for playing Gran Tourismo 5. I will be using it with my Panasonic 50V20D that i purchased a week back. Please help me make the purchase. I have some basic questions to ask you.

1) what does PS3 cost in Delhi/noida?

2) which version of PS3 would you suggest 160gb/320 gb if my primary objective is to play GT5 and ocassionaly Blue Ray movies.

3) Where to buy? only Sony shoowroom or any electronic shop

4) Should I even consider grey market ex palika bazar, gaffur market etc. what is the price difference between sony showroom and grey market?

5) What is standard warranty with PS 3? Is the standard warranty valid with grey market purchase? Is there a need to buy extended warranty? Is the extended warranty available?

6) what is the cost price of Logitech G27 in Delhi noida? And where to get it from? Nehru place seems like a possible venue.

7)where can i get a game chair with seat in Delhi/noida? How much does a game chair cost? Can it be imported? if yes please provide an onlne store to buy it from. Please also suggest which brand/model to go for.

8) If i don't get a game chair then what are my options. Is it possible to table mount G27? Can anyone using it as a table mount please share their experience.

9) Is there gun like controller avaialable for grand theft auto (another game I am interested in) or using the PS3 controller sufficient?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you are a racing fan like me, its totally worth buying a PS3 purely for GT5. While the game is a bit unpolished, the racing bit of it had me totally hooked to it. Amazing fun to play even with a controller. The G27 will be pretty awesome. It costs around 17-18k in the market.

FYI the official GT wheel is the Driving Force Pro not the G27. So buying that will suffice. Costs around 7-8k depending on bargaining skills.

Either the 160gig or the 320gig will do. Hardware wise, afaik there is no difference.

What made to or wat impressed u in that game buddy, I got a ps3 and I will buy this game on jan 1st ,
Sony showroom sells 350 gb for 23500 with move and eye,better u can find a local dealer so that u can get it 2k reduced , it cost 21500 from a dealer from chennai with bill and warrenty (move and eye).sony is more strict to maintain the price stability so only some dealers sells it for lesser price ,if sony comes to know that if a dealer is selling it for lesser price it cancels its dealership for 6 months ,dealers are scared to give bargain to customers...
320 gb is best buy cos u can store more media and there wont be much of price difference between 160gb and 320gb.

The G27 will be pretty awesome. It costs around 17-18k in the market.

FYI the official GT wheel is the Driving Force Pro not the G27. So buying that will suffice. Costs around 7-8k depending on bargaining skills.
Hi RoC, Are these officially available somewhere? Or do I need to get it from Grey market like national market? Also how do you use the wheels? I've seen some nice attachments in Amazon to mount these wheels. Not sure if they'll be available here but can be made I guess.

been debating getting the GT5..got myself a PS3 slim (build quality and finish is clearly poorer compared to the previous models) only a week or so ago and still haven't even powered it up...time to hit up costco for GT5 this weekend

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back