Please Help: Phono Preamp for my Sonodyne 4000D Turntable

debzkool

Hi All,

I am newbie to the world of turntables. I just inherited a huge collection of LP's/EP's from my uncles and my dad while my old house was being cleared. I am a music buff but records are completely new to me. Along with the LP's I also inherited a Sonodyne 4000D Record Player.

Now the issue is when I tried setting up my RP(Record player) to my Sony Home theater system using the line in port, it gave me a feeble sound at max volume. Upon doing some research I came to realize that I needed something known as a PHONO PREAMP. I tried searching a lot for it at my local stores in Kolkata, India but was unable to find one.

At the moment I am using a workaround where I connect the RP output to the MIC in jack which gives me some sound but the overall experience is bad as the sound output from the MIC IN jack is scratchy guessing due to noise and its MONO.

Could someone please please help me out with the Name, Price and where to buy info(Preferably Kolkata) for a PHONO PREAMP for my turntable. My budget is not very high as to be frank I am a student and would love to listen to LP's :eek:hyeah: but my pocket money isnt very high :sad:

Hi All,

I am newbie to the world of turntables. I just inherited a huge collection of LP's/EP's from my uncles and my dad while my old house was being cleared. I am a music buff but records are completely new to me. Along with the LP's I also inherited a Sonodyne 4000D Record Player.

Now the issue is when I tried setting up my RP(Record player) to my Sony Home theater system using the line in port, it gave me a feeble sound at max volume. Upon doing some research I came to realize that I needed something known as a PHONO PREAMP. I tried searching a lot for it at my local stores in Kolkata, India but was unable to find one.

At the moment I am using a workaround where I connect the RP output to the MIC in jack which gives me some sound but the overall experience is bad as the sound output from the MIC IN jack is scratchy guessing due to noise and its MONO.

Could someone please please help me out with the Name, Price and where to buy info(Preferably Kolkata) for a PHONO PREAMP for my turntable. My budget is not very high as to be frank I am a student and would love to listen to LP's :eek:hyeah: but my pocket money isnt very high :sad:
Hi,
Does your home theater system have "phono" option (switch) somewhere on the system? If there is, then you should switch on/select that. Then you be able to get the desired volume output. If your home theater system does not have that option, then you need to have a separate Preamp connected to the RP and then connect the Preamp leads to the home theater system. And, Preamp does cost a lot, very hard to find in Kolkata, I think. You may have to buy online.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back