Please Review Polk TSX 150C

ps_sonic

Hi everybody! I am planning to add a center channel to my TSI 300 floor standing speakers. I have been looking for a review of TSX 150C center speaker before making my purchase. Unfortunately since its a new model no reviews are there. Is there anybody using this speaker? Can u plz post a review.It would be very helpful for me

Hi everybody! I am planning to add a center channel to my TSI 300 floor standing speakers. I have been looking for a review of TSX 150C center speaker before making my purchase. Unfortunately since its a new model no reviews are there. Is there anybody using this speaker? Can u plz post a review.It would be very helpful for me

Im using Polk tsx 150c superb center,dialogues are very clear.It will combine well with yours tsi 300. im using it with tsx110, i dont need any subwoofer yet. Not able to max the sound above 60 also .Polks with denon is great for movies imo. You can buy tsx 150c with yours eye closed and ears open .

I have this center channel, happy with it. The dialogues are clear, this center has a unique shape which helps in placing the center on ground or on a table top as per your space demands.

Finally, don't go by the pictures, they are quiet big in real.

Finally bought TSX 150C and am very happy with the result.Crystal clear dialogues & now I don't need to keep the remote on my hand to keep on fiddling with the volume

Hi Guys,

I have a Harman Kardon 3650 AVR with the HKTS 60- 5.1Speaker set. Planning to remove the Harman's Centre speaker and replace it with the Polk TSx 150C. The problem with the present system is that it is not "room filling" for a 11ft by 20 ft room although at high volume it is, but do not get a theatre kind of atmosphere. Will this centre speaker upgrade make any sense as an upgrade.

The present Harman Centre speakers has 1" tweeter + Dual 3" Mid range speakers with 83db Sensitivity. Polk TSX 150C is with 1" tweeter + Dual 5-1/4 Mid Range with 91DB Sensitivity. This is the only difference i see with specs comparison. Volumetrically also, the Polk speaker is 5 to 6 times bigger than the Harman Center speaker.

Request response from anyone who understands/have experienced the practical output of such a specs.

Rgds
Sreejith

Polk Audio TSx 150C is a center channel speaker manufactured by the highly rated Polk Audio. Its beautifully compact loudspeaker gives detailed, heavy center channel performance. For easy placement in any system, it has reversible enclosure. The Polk Audio TSx 150C center channel speaker rear firing fared bas port helps to minimize port noise and blends low frequency response smoothly. It is manufactured using high quality materials and advanced manufacturing techniques for exceptional performance.

Polk Audio TSx 150C main feature is its TSx Series bi-laminate composite driver cones that are perfectly tuned to Dynamic Balance process to produce natural and smooth sound. They are super stiff, lightweight with damping that is exceptional for low distortion and high efficiency. Its all-MDF, amiable and reversible enclosure is non-resonant and it features a thick baffle of 5/8 inch for heavy duty performance.

Polk Audio TSx 150C is timbre matched and is designed throughout with the same components to achieve seamless speaker to speaker blending effects especially in multi-channel systems. It has professional style five-way, gold plated, binding posts that provides the most secure connection options. In addition, it has ported bass reflex design.

Other impressive features of Polk Audio TSx 150C center channel speaker include sensitivity of 91 db, 8 ohms impedance, wood-grain vinyl finish; its dimensions are 20 inches x 8 inches x 7 inches and 14.6 pounds. Its recommended amplifier power is 20 to 125 watts. It has a frequency response of 63-24, 000 Hz.

Polk Audio TSx 150C Center Channel Speaker

Polk Audio TSx 150C ReviewIn our opinion, Polk Audio TSx 150C is a good choice of sound system because it has a higher sensitivity rating than previous speakers. It perfectly blends with the sides and it handles TV and movies very well.

In conclusion, Polk Audio TSx 150C is a product that will be great for your entertainment and sound system. Its price is reasonable and its unique features, high sensitivity and frequency assure you of high performance. Its size is friendly and its quality materials and advanced techniques used in its manufacture increases its period of use with minimum maintenance.

Hi all,
I am planning to add a centre channel to my 2.0 set up. I have 2 tannoy eclipse3 towers hooked to denon x1200. For the time being I dont need a sub-woofer. The tannoys go down well (to less than 40 Hz at times is what they say.) My options are
1. Tannoy Eclipse center - 18k
2. Tannoy Mercury center - 24k
3. Polk tsx 150c - 13k
4. Polk Csi A4 - 18 k
I am a bit concerned about sound / tone matching. Tannoys are warm musical speakers. Which of the above will be my best bet.? I use the speakers for music 60% of the time, that would be in a 2.0 mode. I dont want to break my bank for center and surrounds. My dealer has suggested csi a4 for centre, wharfdale ds system for surrounds (on my rear wall).

Thanks in advance

Hi all,
I am planning to add a centre channel to my 2.0 set up. I have 2 tannoy eclipse3 towers hooked to denon x1200. For the time being I dont need a sub-woofer. The tannoys go down well (to less than 40 Hz at times is what they say.) My options are
1. Tannoy Eclipse center - 18k
2. Tannoy Mercury center - 24k
3. Polk tsx 150c - 13k
4. Polk Csi A4 - 18 k
I am a bit concerned about sound / tone matching. Tannoys are warm musical speakers. Which of the above will be my best bet.? I use the speakers for music 60% of the time, that would be in a 2.0 mode. I dont want to break my bank for center and surrounds. My dealer has suggested csi a4 for centre, wharfdale ds system for surrounds (on my rear wall).

Thanks in advance
Go for tannoy eclipse center as it would timbre match with your main speakers. Surround can be different like wharfedale DFS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If you are looking for center speaker than Tannoy Eclipse center? will be perfectly matched speakar, but if you are looking for detail and warm sounding center speakers then look for Wharfdale Diamond 220C . Much better than most of the speakers mentioned above. I have audition Dali Vokal and Wharfdale Diamond center side by side and WD center was more alive, detailed and accurate. I am also in same confusion, I have Bostan Acoustic A360 as front speakers and not yet added the center as difficult to decide between BA A225 and WD 220c. BA A225 is acoustically match to BA A360 but WD 220c is much better than BA A225. I am waiting for audition of BA Mcenter for audition. Common match in BA and WD is both are warm sounding speakers.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back