Please suggest the right amp for Marantz SR6013

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM's,

I have finally setup my HT with Marantz SR 6013, Dali Oberon 7 (Front), Oberon Vokal (Center), Oberon 3 (Surround) , Dali Phantom E for Ceiling Atmos and XTZ 10.17 (Sub woofer). Now the only confusion is to add which Power Amp / Stereo Amp to SR 6013 so that I can use the same Dali and Sub woofer (2.1) for Hifi Stereo music listening and use the same speakers for 5.1.2 watching movies. For music listening the sources will be Denon Turntable, CD 6006, CXN V2...

Please recommend..the key requirement is to use the same setup for stereo as well as HT and good music with bass...

Dear FM's,

I have finally setup my HT with Marantz SR 6013, Dali Oberon 7 (Front), Oberon Vokal (Center), Oberon 3 (Surround) , Dali Phantom E for Ceiling Atmos and XTZ 10.17 (Sub woofer). Now the only confusion is to add which Power Amp / Stereo Amp to SR 6013 so that I can use the same Dali and Sub woofer (2.1) for Hifi Stereo music listening and use the same speakers for 5.1.2 watching movies. For music listening the sources will be Denon Turntable, CD 6006, CXN V2...

Please recommend..the key requirement is to use the same setup for stereo as well as HT and good music with bass...
Directly you can run your system..
No need if power amp..
Add power amp to improve of the quality of sound you get from your speakers..

Dear FM's,

Hi

SInce you have just set the system up...run it for a couple of weeks and check what is lacking during music or stereo playback.

We had a similar challenge posted by a FM who i advised to check and play with settings before purchasing a power amp....it worked for him

Audyssey calibrates speakers at potential levels and hence you may need to manually adjust some settings (refer to Owners Manual) and adjust volume, change Xover Frequencies etc....Check what are the Audyssey results....

The SR6013 is a capable AVR with good circuits which provide good sound stage and output in Stereo Mode. Try different content / sources....Your speakers are good with this AVR.........try everything before investing that amount. If still you feel something is lacking then you can go ahead and get a Emotiva BassX300 power amp

Hi

SInce you have just set the system up...run it for a couple of weeks and check what is lacking during music or stereo playback.

We had a similar challenge posted by a FM who i advised to check and play with settings before purchasing a power amp....it worked for him

Audyssey calibrates speakers at potential levels and hence you may need to manually adjust some settings (refer to Owners Manual) and adjust volume, change Xover Frequencies etc....Check what are the Audyssey results....

The SR6013 is a capable AVR with good circuits which provide good sound stage and output in Stereo Mode. Try different content / sources....Your speakers are good with this AVR.........try everything before investing that amount. If still you feel something is lacking then you can go ahead and get a Emotiva BassX300 power amp
Yes, please give your system a good few weeks to really understand what you need more. Perhaps, you may even not need a power amp and could be happy with the sound.
The pre, power, separates journey is another (expensive) rabbit hole.

Yes, please give your system a good few weeks to really understand what you need more. Perhaps, you may even not need a power amp and could be happy with the sound.
The pre, power, separates journey is another (expensive) rabbit hole.
+1 to this suggestion.
Hear out the rig as is, tweak settings, placement, position, etc.
There will be a solution hiding somewhere.

Cheers,
Raghu

Since you will be using 2.1 for music, the 6013 should suffice.
Get an external power amp only if you feel the speakers compressing while watching movies when all power amps in the 6013 are being utilized.
But as rightly pointed out, give it at least a few weeks to settle down.

I use a Marantz Pm-17 to drive the fronts with a Marantz 6010.
TBH, I am not really sure if it makes any difference.
I already had the amp in spare so I am using it this way but I don't think I'd go out to buy a new one if I didn't have it already

Dear FM's,

If you have the intent of expanding your HT set-up to its full glory of 7.2.4 (or) 5.2.4 set-up get a power amp.. You can let the L-C-R-SL-SR can be powered by power amp and the rest by AVR..

Also, consider a 2nd sub.. You already have a capable AVR.. Dual subs will do for movies/ as well as music..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back