Please suggest

mannu1

Hi everyone.....i am new to this musical world. Dont know anything but would like to listen what suits my ears. require speakers for my room (25*25*). Would like to have clarity and tight bass( not so boomy without any dimension). Should i go for HTIB or assembled ones. My budget is 60K ( +-10 K). Usage will be 50% movies and 50% music.

Dont Have a receiver as well...please guide..

Last edited:
My feeling is that any component system will not be available within your budget. Even good HTIB will be difficult, but certainly some HTIB may be possible without the TV at that budget. Maybe you should do some browsing and revisit your budget.

Hi Mannu,

Mark my words, you won't be able to get the best of both worlds at this budget.. So if I were you, I would go for a nice stereo setup and may be look at HT options when you have a bit more to splurge..

60-70K is a pretty good budget to start with so here is what I suggest:

Floorstanders (Monitors won't work in such a huge room) : Whaferdale 9.5 or Dali Ikon 5 both of them should be priced at about 35-40K
CDP: Marantz CD5003 for not more than 15K
Amplifier: Marantz PM5003 (not sure about the price)

If you already have a dvd or cd player, I suggest you shift that chunk to a better quality amplifier because a good quality amp can do wonders.. Stronger the better..

Also, if you can tell us more about the kind of music you listen to and the kind of sounds you prefer listening to (warm or bright), we can think of more options..

Hope this helps...

Thanks Prashant....

Dont like to listen to specific kind of music....depends on my mood... soft,pop,rock,jazz...all go....but whatever should be it...good tight bass and clarity is required. Budget cab be extended upto 1 lac, but it should worth my money.

Have shortlisted some HTIB- Onkyo 9100, qacoustics 2010 series, But i think as my budget has extended i can get something better.

Please suggest..

Hi Manu

Are you new to the hi-end audio?

If you don't mind buying pre-used stuff, the forum has some good deals.

That would be better value for money IMO as you need to make your progress in the musical journey gradual and would be upgrading three to four times till you reach the stage, "yes, this is what I was looking for"

My 2 cents. All the best.

Thanks Rajesh...Aye i am new to this musical universe. Have learned so much from great techies like u in a short span. My req ( after all the reading)

1. A pair of floor speakers
2. Amp
3. AVR or a stereo(Please suggest and guide regarding these receivers- what are the pros and cons) Or a seperate player for audio and video(if my budget allows)
Budget: 80k.

Please suggest good brands n best combi.

I suggest you search for the amp & speaker from the thread below. There are a few decent deals.

For Sale by Owner

Search the forum for matching combos. For Example, NAD sounds warm and can be safely paired with MA, which is bright sounding but Marantz is a strict no no etc etc.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back