Pls suggest a good fronts for Yamaha YHT299

500Miles

Hello Friends,

How are you doing!

I am using Yamaha YHT299 (AVR - HTR3066) for the last one year, and always thought of upgrading front speakers (L/R) when ever I listen to Music.
But for movies, am more than satisfied ( my living room is small <200sqft)

Mostly I listen to PinkFloyd, U2, Queen, Iron Maiden, Dire Straits, Scorpions, Ozzy -apart from usual bollywood music.

My budget will be less than 25k

So, friends please chip in your valuable suggestions.

Some of the speakers under that criteria (from the Hifivision and google):
Pioneer BS22
Boston Acoustics A26
Please add..

Thanks,
Chakri

Hi

Would strongly suggest you audition where possible before purchase.

See some Wharfedales, Tagas, Jamos, BIC America, hear the same with the same music or song and then decide

All the best

This suggestion may not go well with everyone but I believe this is the right suggestion.
Say you upgrade your front speakers for music (I would suggest Dali Zensor 3 or Kef Q300) and you are taken aback by the increment in quality (that will happen for sure), a smile etches itself on your face without you knowing, nice picture so far, is not it? :)

Six months, yes that is what I will give you at the very best case scenario, then you will understand that there is a gulf between how you imagine Mark Knopfler should sound in Tracker and what the speakers are putting out, that's it, you have had it!
You will then look to spend on a separate stereo setup, a decent amp to start with, something like a Marantz perhaps....pair the Dalis and hear the difference. Then after awhile you will feel that the decay could be a bit better, the drums could sound a little punchier and music could be more crisp and taut. You begin your hunt for a DAC within the budget.

This is the cycle that we go through and it is sure to happen just as Shine On is supposed to give you the chills. So....stay with the Yamaha speakers and lets start on the stereo journey right now. Most of us have tried to 'make do' with one setup for movies and music and in the end you fall by your teeth.
You MUST have a separate stereo setup if it is affordable keeping other life-priorities in mind. :)

Hi efernand1, thanks for the suggestion, will try to audition..

Hi shibashis, thanks, felt happy reading your advice.
You are right, I have to think of going for separate stereo setup... then need to increase the budget...

Thanks guys!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back