PM6007 remote isnt working

sand87ch

Hi,

Since today the remote on my 1yr old marantz pm6007 isnt working.
The light one the remote when we press volume isnt working.i replaced betteries but to no avail.has anyone come across auch issues?wat can be done?

Hi,

Since today the remote on my 1yr old marantz pm6007 isnt working.
The light one the remote when we press volume isnt working.i replaced betteries but to no avail.has anyone come across auch issues?wat can be done?
My old Marantz remote gave this problem. If it's not under warranty you can open it, wipe the circuit board with isopropyl alcohol. This worked perfectly for me. There are videos on youtube for this. Clean the battery contacts too.

My old Marantz remote gave this problem. If it's not under warranty you can open it, wipe the circuit board with isopropyl alcohol. This worked perfectly for me. There are videos on youtube for this.
its not under warranty.other than opening it myself what else can be done considering that marantz doent have any service centre here

Usually they will just replace the remote. I doubt it can be repaired at all.
These remotes don't malfunction easily. My Marantz remote worked perfectly for 20+ years, even after dropping it countless times...and even when it didn't work, a simple cleaning set it right.

These remotes don't malfunction easily. My Marantz remote worked perfectly for 20+ years, even after dropping it countless times...and even when it didn't work, a simple cleaning set it right.
Right. My yamaha remote is malfunctioning. Will do cleaning in a day or two.

Over time the battery contacts and circuit board gets oxidized. Just dip a cotton swab in IPA solution and wipe them down. I've done this with 2-3 remotes with satisfactory results.

well seller told me that he will send it to probably mz audio or the dealers of marantz in india and he said that servicing is fine as new one will cost me and its really futile to spend money for new one

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back