Polk Audio Tsx Series - Opinion Needed

sriram_shol

Dear Audiophiles,

I have been planning to buy 5.1 speakers with an ATMOS AV Receiver. I will be settling down with one of the AV Receivers from DENON (AVR X-2300W) / YAMAHA RX-V581 / Pioneer VSX-1131. I will mostly buy from Grey market.

I have the Taga Harmony AZURE series in my mind as the choice for the 5.1 setup. Recently I came across Polk Audio TSx Series (TSx330T + TSX150C + TSX110B) which is equally a good option and a tight competent with the AZURE series.

Does anyone have the Polk Audio setup and auditioned before? What's your opinion? I am really perplexed since both speakers fall in the same price range. How is the audio quality of Polk? Is it warm/sharp? Don't know whether to settle down with TAGA / Polk.

Please advice.

Regards,
Sriram

Dear Audiophiles,

I have been planning to buy 5.1 speakers with an ATMOS AV Receiver. I will be settling down with one of the AV Receivers from DENON (AVR X-2300W) / YAMAHA RX-V581 / Pioneer VSX-1131. I will mostly buy from Grey market.

You can even opt for Denon x 1300 and save few bucks and invest on speakers..

I have the Taga Harmony AZURE series in my mind as the choice for the 5.1 setup. Recently I came across Polk Audio TSx Series (TSx330T + TSX150C + TSX110B) which is equally a good option and a tight competent with the AZURE series.

If you are going to add a subwoofer, then no benefit of having a FS.. (At best it would act as a 3-way satellite speaker when used with subwoofer)..Instead, spend the money on 2nd subwoofer..

@ sriram_shol

Everyone has their own preferences in sound signature, performance, looks and even budget.....you will be the ultimate user and hence you need to decide....

AVRs are available which will perform as expected....some of them are bright / warm / punchy....all depends on settings done and the room acoustics....Brands make a difference in terms of quality of components used and hence price differences...

Speakers which can deliver maximum frequencies between 20hz and 20khz (this is the range a Human being supposedly can hear) will definitely perform well...

For me my preference is music 80% and movies 20%....if the speakers can perform well for music, i dont see any challenge in movie performance.....

Dear Audiophiles,

Does anyone have the Polk Audio setup and auditioned before? What's your opinion? I am really perplexed since both speakers fall in the same price range. How is the audio quality of Polk? Is it warm/sharp? Don't know whether to settle down with TAGA / Polk.

Please advice.

Regards,
Sriram
I owned Polk RTI a5 for 3 years and Tsx 440t for a brief time. Tsx is more brighter speakers and not as resolving as RTI series.
Denon AVR and Polk RTI is one of the best combinations I've heard, you'd need a Subwoofer anyways so the problem of Polks being a bit shy on the low end shouldn't matter much.

Buy Denon x2300w instead of Yamaha or Pioneer if Going for Polks. I couldn't bear the harshness of Yamaha RX-V477 with RTI a5 and sold the former.
Boston Acoustics BA26 or FS BA 360 can also be considered which would be comparable in SQ with much savings.
Audition and decide

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Dear Audiophiles,

Please advice.

Regards,
Sriram

I have my entire 5.1 setups as Polk, Tsx 330t, CS10 center, Tsx 220B rear and 550DSW Wi as SUB, for movies they just rock ..... infact for music as well for my taste of listening tsx 330t sounds pretty decent, I wont say perfect, coz for my listening pleasure Wharfedale Diamond 10.x were best in mid range segment and EPOS in a bit higher range and QUAD in elite rande, those are my personal preferences.

And Polks are not at all in no way bright/sharp ...... I would say they are certainly towards warm, if you want to know what bright for me is (coz that definition also changes with different ears). PSB Bookshelves are bright to me .... so you can relate that way.

Hope this helped ...
Regards
Sammy

Dear Audiophiles,

Please advice.

Regards,

Sriram

Hi

I have Yamaha RX V581 and I am currently auditioning speakers. In my opinion you should hear then before you buy.

Every speaker has a different sound signature. Make sure you hear them on Yamaha AVR. Most of the dealers will give you demo on high end stereo amps. With an amp like Rotel or Arcam any damn speaker would shine.

So far I have found Polk RTI A5 and Dali Zensor 7 to match my taste. 80% Music. Dali is more musical and Polk gives you a very good overall package. But as I said Audition them with your own music and on receiver u wanna buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will just answer your questions Taga Azure speakers are far better option than Polk Audio Tsx series speakar. I have audition both I with my experience, I felt Taga Azure is warmer with natural tonal balance where as Polk Tsx are Brighter and and less detailed. Again audition is must because what I have experience in audition you may not. Pairing equipment and interconnect plays important role in overall all sound signature of setup. Best way is to audition as many speakar as you can , gradually you will learn and will come to know what you like the most. Again speakar plays important role so allocate more funds towards speakers than electronic or else go step by step and add equipments as budget permit.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

IMO, POLK RTi series are good for music/movies but I find tsx series are not a good fit for music.

When I demoed the RTi A5 it was good without a sub, low, mid and high were very well matched with denon integrated amps. If you have a sub then it is unnecessary moving to higher versions like A7 and A9.

Please note: I am also using tsx series in movie setup.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back