Power amp recommendations Emotiva BasX A3 vs O&B audio vs any other?

nirvanaaaah

Hello everyone,
Planning to buy a power amp for powering my LCR which would be connected to the pre-outs of SR 5015 AVR paired to Focal chora 826 fronts and center, and orb audio surrounds. Room size is 17X14

Based on my research, I have shortlisted Emotiva BasX A3 and O & B audio. However am confused on going with a known international brand or with a fairly new but an exciting Indian brand.
Am planning to audition both of them sometime in the coming week, but want to have some general idea before I audition them, because this is the first time I would be buying a power amp.

Pricewise Emotiva is little more expensive, but it has more power too - 140wpc compared to 100wpc of O & B.
Wanted to know from Emotiva and O&B users here about their experience, and if they are happy with their purchase. From what I have read, the sound signature of both of these is fairly neutral, and these generally don't add any color to the sound, which is what I am looking for.
Also, would you recommend me any other 3 channel power amp in this price range - 60-80K.
Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,
Planning to buy a power amp for powering my LCR which would be connected to the pre-outs of SR 5015 AVR paired to Focal chora 826 fronts and center, and orb audio surrounds. Room size is 17X14

Based on my research, I have shortlisted Emotiva BasX A3 and O & B audio. However am confused on going with a known international brand or with a fairly new but an exciting Indian brand.
Am planning to audition both of them sometime in the coming week, but want to have some general idea before I audition them, because this is the first time I would be buying a power amp.

Pricewise Emotiva is little more expensive, but it has more power too - 140wpc compared to 100wpc of O & B.
Wanted to know from Emotiva and O&B users here about their experience, and if they are happy with their purchase. From what I have read, the sound signature of both of these is fairly neutral, and these generally don't add any color to the sound, which is what I am looking for.
Also, would you recommend me any other 3 channel power amp in this price range - 60-80K.
Thanks in advance!
i use marantz 1509 preouts with O & B power amplifier (2250) to drive elac unifi bookshelves, could not have been more happier for the price. Its a very well made amplifier, neutral signature. Aniket provides build options like choice of capacitors, 12v trigger, input options, etc. These are very handy and let you decide as per your HT plan and budget.

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
SR 5015 is itself a capable AVR doing 100W X 7 (as per published specs). Assuming with all channels driven, the power dips to say 70W, you would be better off going for a higher power - power amp. Given the choice between 140 W and 100 W, I would advise choosing Emotiva because you will have significantly more power available, which is basic reason of adding a power amp to your chain.

Thank you for your inputs!
Does anyone have any idea or experience about reliability and after sales service for Emotiva power amplifiers in India? I assume since power amplifiers has no processor (and minimal boards), servicing this in case of any issue should not be much of a hassle, right?

Thank you for your inputs!
Does anyone have any idea or experience about reliability and after sales service for Emotiva power amplifiers in India? I assume since power amplifiers has no processor (and minimal boards), servicing this in case of any issue should not be much of a hassle, right?
They would be as reliable as other amplifiers. https://urbandac.in/emotiva.html is their service partners and have their center in Pune

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Do audition other Indian brands too. I use Torvin PA monoblock since 3 years. Extremely happy.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. I have ordered a 3 channel power amp from O & B audio, delivery is expected in 45 days. I was unable to audition Emotiva Basx A3 anywhere in Pune, however I got a chance to audition a two channel O & B amp in my home, and hence pulled the plug.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. I have ordered a 3 channel power amp from O & B audio, delivery is expected in 45 days. I was unable to audition Emotiva Basx A3 anywhere in Pune, however I got a chance to audition a two channel O & B amp in my home, and hence pulled the plug.
Congratulations. It's raining O&B amps.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back