Power for AVR

dhruvky94

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Denon X1400H AVR. Now my concern is, should I connect this to an UPS? I have a belkin power surge protector and an APC 1KVA Online UPS. However, my UPS is connected to my TV (LG C7) and PS4 pro, so I don't think UPS will take it. I saw Luminous Zelio+ 1100 on Amazon and ordered it. Will it be good for AVR? Or should I just use Belkin power surge protector?

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Denon X1400H AVR. Now my concern is, should I connect this to an UPS? I have a belkin power surge protector and an APC 1KVA Online UPS. However, my UPS is connected to my TV (LG C7) and PS4 pro, so I don't think UPS will take it. I saw Luminous Zelio+ 1100 on Amazon and ordered it. Will it be good for AVR? Or should I just use Belkin power surge protector?
The luminous Zelio is an inverter ups which will be connected to the inverter line. Therefore it is an offline ups. Now you need to calculate the entire load that is connected to the inverter line in your home.

The luminous Zelio is an inverter ups which will be connected to the inverter line. Therefore it is an offline ups. Now you need to calculate the entire load that is connected to the inverter line in your home.

Oh got it, cancelled the inverter for now.

Ideally Double Conversion Online Sinewave UPS is recommended.
Pure online UPS will take power from battery always and produce proper sine wave output.

If you don't have proper UPS backup, there is a chance of AV Receiver failure, if power fails frequently and comes back.
Some times it happens after warranty period and you end up paying for the service.

If you can afford, get proper online UPS.
Home Inverter may not help because it takes power from mains and switch to battery when main power fails, that changeover time could be more and your AV Receiver may switch OFF and switch ON immediately. That also can cause problems to the AV Receiver

Hi All,

I have been using a Belkin surge protector for the last 5 years and it has been perfect so far.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back