powerbank for charging mobiles and ipad

anm

Hi,
Can you guys suggest some good external battery chargers that I can use both for my ipad and phones like S2, BB?

This one looks powerful and has 2A current rating, but still not sure if this can charge ipad. Eveready UM 52 Power Bank for Tablets and Smartphones - Eveready: Flipkart.com[as]=on&autosuggest[as-submittype]=clicked&autosuggest[as-grouprank]=10&autosuggest[as-overallrank]=10&autosuggest[orig-query]=ever&autosuggest[as-shown]=on&autosuggest[type]=product&selmitem=All%20Categories&query=Eveready%20UM%2052%20Power%20Bank%20for%20Tablets%20and%20Smartphones&as-pos=p_2

Also, is it safe to keep them in luggage, or laptop bag? With so much of charge, can they explode?

I am using a new trent 11000 mah battery for the past two years, no issues so far, have carried them along with my laptop as cabin baggage. not sure about this particular eveready model.

doesn't seem like ipad can be tamed.

iPad (4th gen) with Retina display*, the New iPad (3rd gen)*, iPad 2, iPad 1st gen.

* charging may be significantly slower due to lower output charge

btw, I got a new battery for my s2 for Rs 470 from flipkart. For now my smartphone the problem is solved. I keep one spare. It is lightweight, and 0 - 100% charge is instant, instead of waiting for hours for an external battery based charger. However, it is difficult to replace battery every day, if not impossible.

Last edited:
@anm, to charge your iPad, you will need a power pack that will charge at 2.1A. Any lesser, and I don't think the iPad will start charging.

The phones will be happy with USB port level amperage (0.5V), but I'd suggest that the power pack have a 1A output. I think the S2's charger charges at 0.7A.

To charge the iPad AND the phones, you will need a battery pack that has dual output ports.

The last most important thing (other than capacity) you should consider how the battery pack can be charged. You should be able to charge it from a power outlet, in order for it to be charged fast enough. If the pack can be charged only via a USB port on a computer, it will take forever to get charged.

It looks like the Eveready pack you've liked to satisfies all this. Except that they have not mentioned the rating for the second charging outlet.

I've been using a JustMobile Gum Plus pack (an older version of the one I've linked to) for my phone for the last 2 years. It charges at 1A, and it has a 5200 mAh capacity. I'm quite happy with it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back