Pro FX Barton Centre

AtheK

Hi All,

My first thread here, hope you guys like it.

So last Month upgrade bug bit me, and i have been hunting good Speakers ever since. I went around different show rooms auditioning stuff and trying to zero on to what i wanted to buy. A thread on all those details later, and here i will stick on to Pro Fx.

I initially had a feeling that pro fx would be more for high end stuff, specially owning to the location. So i went inside with a negative mindset, but it was all taken off the moment i stepped in. I was greeted warmly and the sales person did spend a considerable time listening to my needs and since i was low on budget around 50k at that time, advised me TSi series. He did play some stuff and then let me play mine. I was not too impressed with it and told him so, he sounded apologetic and said unfortunately they do not have anything else in the same price bracket.

After few weeks i decided to up my budget to a lac, and went back again, i was attended by Mr.Sethu and it was a pleasure dealing with him, i spent an hour in the place and played all the stuff i wanted and Mr.Sethu was very helpful and co operative. So i told him will it be possible to bring my own receiver to audition as i have heard Polk don't sound too well with Polks. He happily agreed to it. He had a CSi A4 at that time with PSW125, i told him i want to audition CSi A6 along with DSW Pro 550. He said he will arrange that too.

I took my Amp this saturday, and everything was there in place as promised. we spent around 30 minutes doing the setup, running audyssey setup and getting things in place. I ran the setup for around 1 hr and played it the way i felt like. All this time he stood there and even left us alone for 10 minutes so we can discuss and play anything we want alone. He helped us with understanding the differences, and also changed subs and speakers as and how i wanted.

So it was absolutely great experience, and i would really rate them 5*, i have ordered Polk setup, thread for that another time.

Thanks for reading.

RTi Series

RTi A3 for front
CSi A6 for centre
FXi A6 for surround
DSW PRO 550 sub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mordaunt shorts aviano series also KEF T205

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Ok great Congratulations If they sound good to you then they are the best. :)

One needs to draw a line somewhere and for now this is good

Thanks Olly42, yes i realized that buying Speakers is a tricky business, we need to put a line somewhere. I started at 50k and ended up at 92k. It is always tempting and easy to think of few thousands more and i can graduate to next series.

I think this combination is good for me quite sometime, i plan to upgrade after sometime to get RTi A7 and make it a 7.1 setup, i auditioned this also and felt the difference.

But for now this is what will serve me, now wait till end of week as RTi A3 in black is not in stock :(

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back