problem with marantz pm7005 help!!

Cervi

my amp is new and been using it with v-guard digi 200 for a little over 20 days, i used it yesterday with no problems, i always switch off amp first before turning off main plug, today when i pushed the power button it showed only red light(no flashing) tried clicking power button on remote nothing happened, than switched off everything checked all wires than turned the volume knob down, than tried turning on again with same results than upon spinning the source select dial the amp turned on and was working normal, my query is it normal or is it something i should be concerned about?

not sure its right! bt saying!! it might went in protection mode ! spkr cables must've touched each other +-!! happened once for me !

when voltage was low for me, my marantz would show red light , even after pressing power button manually or remote power button , it remained red.
my room's cfl bulb was flickering yesterday so i quickly turned the amp off, could this be the reason? what do you do when aforementioned happens to you, did you face any issues because of the amp showing only red light?

Check once the remote control batteries also. Since the amp is switching ON with source selector rotary switch probably nothing with the amp.

One more thing. You can't enjoy full potential of your amp with Digi200 stabilizer. Try some other audio grade servo stabilizer about 2kVA capacity.

As eluded by some FMs earlier, Marantz amps are notoriously finicky about low voltage.
I have a PM7001 and it shuts off when there is a switch between mains to UPS.
Need to hard power off and start it again; which it does unless there is no juice in the UPS battery.

Stabilizer can be a factor too; meaning if the mains voltage dips very low the stabilizer unit may take some time to buck up.
In the interim, the amp not seeing sufficient mains current, will go into protection.
Observe the symptoms and try to correlate with other conditions.

Cheers,
Raghu

As eluded by some FMs earlier, Marantz amps are notoriously finicky about low voltage.
I have a PM7001 and it shuts off when there is a switch between mains to UPS.
Need to hard power off and start it again; which it does unless there is no juice in the UPS battery.

Stabilizer can be a factor too; meaning if the mains voltage dips very low the stabilizer unit may take some time to buck up.
In the interim, the amp not seeing sufficient mains current, will go into protection.
Observe the symptoms and try to correlate with other conditions.

Cheers,
Raghu
thanks raghu sir,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back