Projector hdmi issues

tomonpublic

I am using egate p513 projector for almost 3 months.

I am using a 10m hdmi cable that i bought in a local store. Whenever i switch off/on or regulate my ceiling fans, i am facing hdmi disconnection for few seconds. Till now i managed to have like that.

Recently i shifted my projector to a larger room and changed the hdmi cable to 15m. Now i am observing frequent hdmi connections. Also my blu-ray player is totally unusable since the disconnections were huge.

Why does this happen? Is this my home electrical circuits or the hdmi cable?

I suspect because of the hdmi power. Is there any way i can boost the hdmi power? Any amplifier to boost my hdmi power?

Please suggest.

I am using a 10m hdmi cable that i bought in a local store. Whenever i switch off/on or regulate my ceiling fans, i am facing hdmi disconnection for few seconds. Till now i managed to have like that.

Recently i shifted my projector to a larger room and changed the hdmi cable to 15m. Now i am observing frequent hdmi connections. Also my blu-ray player is totally unusable since the disconnections were huge.

I suspect because of the hdmi power. Is there any way i can boost the hdmi power? Any amplifier to boost my hdmi power?

Please suggest.
It is most likely the electrical wiring and not the HDMI cable. Do you have anything like an inverter installed?

If you have bought a local hdmi cable, it would be the cause of disconnections esp. on a long run of 15m. Try the bluerigger cable in amazon.in and check if that makes the difference esp. the high speed ones.

But do note that at 50 feet of cable length you are stretching the limit esp. if you are looking at 1080p. A simple way to check is use 480p and see if the disconnections still happen. If it does, then its an electrical issue, if it doesnt, then its the hdmi cable issue.

This is caused by cables which are not shielded properly. Or you have a directional cable which is plugged in the wrong direction.

Please suggest.

This is different from the ealier problem. Maybe the cable wasn't designed to take 1080p for 15 meters which is why its causing the dreaded HDCP handshake issue. Buy a good quality HDMI cable (which has 24 AWG or better conductor size / a certified one) or a repeater. Since your projector is a 720p model you can just send a 720p signal even a lower quality cable will be able to cope with it.

This is caused by cables which are not shielded properly. Or you have a directional cable which is plugged in the wrong direction.

This is different from the ealier problem. Maybe the cable wasn't designed to take 1080p for 15 meters which is why its causing the dreaded HDCP handshake issue. Buy a good quality HDMI cable (which has 24 AWG or better conductor size / a certified one) or a repeater. Since your projector is a 720p model you can just send a 720p signal even a lower quality cable will be able to cope with it.
What is the cost of repeater? If its cheap, I will try the repeater before changing the cables. Can you give me links for those kind of repeaters?

What is the cost of repeater? If its cheap, I will try the repeater before changing the cables. Can you give me links for those kind of repeaters?
A powered booster should be around 1000 bucks on AliExpress. But the cable should be the first thing you should change, not get a booster. Try 720p first, if it works fine, and 1080p doesn't then your cable is subpar. No booster is gonna fix that. A booster is used to first run half or till singal drop off point of cable then add the booster and then the final distance of the cable. So your gonna need to change the cables anyway. Booster is not added near the source it's added at the signal drop point, does that make sense?

A powered booster should be around 1000 bucks on AliExpress. But the cable should be the first thing you should change, not get a booster. Try 720p first, if it works fine, and 1080p doesn't then your cable is subpar. No booster is gonna fix that. A booster is used to first run half or till singal drop off point of cable then add the booster and then the final distance of the cable. So your gonna need to change the cables anyway. Booster is not added near the source it's added at the signal drop point, does that make sense?

I check with some settings today. 720p works without any drops. 1080i have disconections very rarely. 1080p frequent disconnections and unusable

I check with some settings today. 720p works without any drops. 1080i have disconections very rarely. 1080p frequent disconnections and unusable

Cool, if your happy with 720p leave it as it is, no point sending 1080p signals and then re scaling at the projector. When you decide its time to upgrade to a full HD or a 4k projector you can figure out how you want to upgrade your cable. If you really must change your cable immediately then you need to check with other members who have run 15m(50 feet) of HDMI, if there is any budget cable that can do 15m at 1080p or pay a premium for a certified cable/HDMI fiber optic cable.

Cool, if your happy with 720p leave it as it is, no point sending 1080p signals and then re scaling at the projector. When you decide its time to upgrade to a full HD or a 4k projector you can figure out how you want to upgrade your cable. If you really must change your cable immediately then you need to check with other members who have run 15m(50 feet) of HDMI, if there is any budget cable that can do 15m at 1080p or pay a premium for a certified cable/HDMI fiber optic cable.

I found the 720p PQ is little blurry when compared with 1080p. So If its really a cable issue, then I dont mind changing the cable. But the cable should work with my requirement. Let me wait for other FM members inputs on how they are dealing with 15m distance.

I found the 720p PQ is little blurry when compared with 1080p. So If its really a cable issue, then I dont mind changing the cable. But the cable should work with my requirement. Let me wait for other FM members inputs on how they are dealing with 15m distance.

I have had the Egate P531, used them with Blue Rigger HDMI cables of 15 & 25 feet and didn't face any issues.. It used to receive 1080p signal from AVR and never had issues with resolution..

It looks like your present cable may be the culprit..

Is there a possibility that you can move the connecting components of the projector a little closer, so that the length is shorter?..

I too faced this issue with my old chinese projector and a local 50 ft HDMI cable. Once I got my Optoma, I upgraded the cable to an AmazonBasics 50 ft HDMI cable and voila! I can switch on / off anything in my room without facing the flickering / disconnecting issues.

I suggest you upgrade to a branded HDMI cable. Local cables may work for 3ft distances etc but for using with projectors (long distances in general), investing in a good quality HDMI cable is an absolute must.

Back