Projector under 40,000

Naturelover

Staff member
Hi all

A friend's daughter is looking to buy her first projector.
Their budget is upto Rs 40,000.
No dedicated room and room size will change occasionally since she is in a transferable job (air force).

Please suggest options.
Thanks

If it is possible to get one from abroad go ahead with this Vankyo projector. It operates at 230V (India voltage). Contrast ratio is very good. Resolution is also good. I got one from USA. The reviews section has my input too (with images).

NOTE - I run it for 1 hour and then let it cool for some time before resuming. This is a trade-off for getting a chinese product.

Hi all

A friend's daughter is looking to buy her first projector.
Their budget is upto Rs 40,000.
No dedicated room and room size will change occasionally since she is in a transferable job (air force).

Please suggest options.
Thanks
How much of a video-phile is she? My reason for asking is - there are some very decent offerings in this price range with acceptable picture quality, but then comes the "not-good-enough" part and then we get no where with the budget.

Why I ask is - there are around 40/50K odd portable projectors - with inbuilt android TV - like the BenQ GV30, Xgimi Mogo Pro plus.
1 - Where the picture quality is good enough for "most", acceptable for the picky & unsatisfactory for the 1%.
2 - However it is as easy as connecting a portable BT speaker. Everything in the box, no pain, no extra cables - you just find a wall and press a button and sit down and relax.

Or you can get something a little better - in the same budget like the M series from Benq, but then you need a laptop or a firestick or someting, so more condiments in the soup.

I would personally stay away from the likes of Egate etc.

If it is possible to get one from abroad go ahead with this Vankyo projector. It operates at 230V (India voltage). Contrast ratio is very good. Resolution is also good. I got one from USA. The reviews section has my input too (with images).

NOTE - I run it for 1 hour and then let it cool for some time before resuming. This is a trade-off for getting a chinese product.
I think You can get good 1080p projectors within 45k to 70k in India itself
Check ViewSonic ,Epson , BenQ ..etc. Make sure you are selecting the Home entertainment Projectors and not the business or Education purpose projectors.

How much of a video-phile is she? My reason for asking is - there are some very decent offerings in this price range with acceptable picture quality, but then comes the "not-good-enough" part and then we get no where with the budget.

Why I ask is - there are around 40/50K odd portable projectors - with inbuilt android TV - like the BenQ GV30, Xgimi Mogo Pro plus.
1 - Where the picture quality is good enough for "most", acceptable for the picky & unsatisfactory for the 1%.
2 - However it is as easy as connecting a portable BT speaker. Everything in the box, no pain, no extra cables - you just find a wall and press a button and sit down and relax.

Or you can get something a little better - in the same budget like the M series from Benq, but then you need a laptop or a firestick or someting, so more condiments in the soup.

I would personally stay away from the likes of Egate etc.
Do appreciate your help.

Not much of a videophile, I would say.
Haven't checked with her yet, but I think she might like the GV30.
I don't see Benq M series on their India website

Do appreciate your help.

Not much of a videophile, I would say.
Haven't checked with her yet, but I think she might like the GV30.
I don't see Benq M series on their India website
If the idea is convenience first - I would suggest stick to these "AIO Projectors". They have the streaming + sound built in - so amazing portability. Obviously there are tradeoffs.

When I say M series I meant - MS550, MX550, MW560; that range of projectors - they are all well under 40K but well come with the regular projector issues.

I would personally recommend - you prioritise Xgimis over the Benq, there are a couple other Xgimi's that may fit the bill, but somehow they pack too many features in their projectors :)

Like the Elfin - you can sometimes get around 60K; Halo for around 50K, Mogo Pro + (I believe around 50) I have personally seen and it is small enough to carry about in a bag. You can hold it in 1 hand.

this video should have most basic things answered :) This will also help you shortlist more projectors - if you go towards the AIO Projectors :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back