PS3 slim from Bangkok

sanchits

hi, i will be going to Bangkok soon, planning to buy ps3 slim 120gb from there. The latest price over their is around 10500 - 11000 baht. Is it worth it, as i will be saving around 5k. I know Sony doesn't give international warranty but does anything happens to the ps3 in the first year.

It's like any other electronic item, generally nothing happens in the first year, but there are no guarantees. Personally I would not pay almost 35-40% extra for any warranty. In my opinion, no warranty, specially an Indian warranty, is worth more than 10-15% of the price of an item. Also, if you buy from India you will get a 'Region C' PS3, whereas, if I am not mistaken, you would get a 'Region A' PS3 in Bangkok. Region A is a much better option for those interested in Blu-ray movies. Yes, this is inspite of India being Region C.

guys, finally going to bangkok on 20th and eagerly waiting to buy a ps3 from there. What is the best place to buy one and what is the best price i can get and do the games cost much lower than india ? I am thinking of buying used games as thy would cost much cheaper, does it make sense to buy the used ones so that i can buy more games. One can exchange ps3 games in palika bazar, right.

hey, i am back from bangkok and have bought the ps3 120gb for 10,800 baht from MBK. i also got god of war 3, uncharted 2 and bioshock 2 for 5,300 baht. very happy with the purchase and ps3 is turning out to be much better than 360. i have a question, does ps3 support avi and mp4 files or not. I tried playing avi and mp4 thru memory stick but it showed no files.

I tried playing avi and mp4 thru memory stick but it showed no files.

After selecting the USB drive in the video menu, press the triangle button. You'll get an option like 'Display All'. That should do.

And don't worry. The PS3 is pretty much like VLC player. It plays even the files my standalone MP4/DivX player won't play. :)

Does your Bangkok PS3 play Indian DVDs, especially the ones that are region coded 5? I don't know what DVD region Bangkok comes in. But Russia and India share the same DVD region code (region 5) and the same blu-ray region code (region C), which is why the PS3 for India and Russia is the same.

The blu-rays released, are generally region-free, however, many DVDs which have already been released are region 5 (if you bought them in India) or region 1 (if you got them from US/Canada).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back