PS4 Launched in India for 39990

Vijay_s

Playstation 4 launched in India for Rs 39990 and will start selling from 6th January 2014

This price is definitely at higher side. I may wait for couple of months before taking a plunge.

Playstation 4 launched in India for Rs 39990 and will start selling from 6th January 2014

This price is definitely at higher side. I may wait for couple of months before taking a plunge.

The price should come down after an year. Besides, all games being launched right now come in both PS3 and PS4. So unless there is a major title launched only for PS4, I don't see any point in upgrading.

OMG this is almost double what was expected.
it suppose to be in 23-27 price bracket, according to a insider news few month back, but the doller price dance screws things i guess.

im the most unhappiest person in earth now :sad:

Same here, the price came as a shocker. Comparing PS3 and Vita prices in US market, I thought price would be in the 32-33K range. Was ready to pre-order after the price announcement but dropped the plan for now.

Also, game prices at 4000+ is just insane! I already feel guilty spending 3000 a game when I look at my annual figure for gaming (even with 6 games a year, its close to 20K!)

I will look for import route from Dubai/US next year. Hopefully at least the game prices will become reasonable.

So disappointed.

I remember that the PS3 in India was launched at around the same price point. Anyway PS4 seems too concentrated on being a pure gaming device, anybody upgrading from the PS3 to 4 will miss a lot of the multimedia features of the PS3. Sony intends to have the features added later via software upgrades, but why even launch it as such?

The reason is to keep the prices low. Sony burnt themselves in PS3 launch because the console was too expensive $599. Feature rich - yes. It had full compatibility to Ps1/Ps2 games, SACD, CD, Bluray, DLNA everything. In fact Sony was positioning it not as gaming device but as a full entertainment device. But Market thought it was too expensive and settled for Wii and Xbox. Gamers too were not happy because focus on better games was not there. Playstation was always playing catching up numbers game with both consoles. Looks like they have learned the lesson and focusing on games and keeping prices low.

Ironically, its Microsoft which is positioning the xbox as entertainment device and pricing it higher this gen. We will see how it pans out. :)

Microsoft which is positioning the xbox as entertainment device and pricing it higher this gen. We will see how it pans out. :)
yes XBone is expected to hit India market ~50 - 55K, but M$ made it clear about the price now itself & that will include full kinetic system.

Sony's Mr Bose given a false interview in October 2013, that the Indian price wil be aligned with US-price + whatever import charges, which suppose to be very less then if an individual order it from amazon. as it will be bulk import & Sony has enough business ground in India.

But they bulshitted and betrayed Indian gamers.

I remember that the PS3 in India was launched at around the same price point. Anyway PS4 seems too concentrated on being a pure gaming device, anybody upgrading from the PS3 to 4 will miss a lot of the multimedia features of the PS3. Sony intends to have the features added later via software upgrades, but why even launch it as such?

if you check sony's console development, they always introduce different variety of all console with +/- features... for an example ps3 has already in 3rd version, original, slim & super slim.

they always do those different version to maximize their sale.

And indeed the current version ps4 is targeting to the audience who are shitting on pile of money & don't know what to do with their money. They will buy PS4 majorly to show off.

Same here, the price came as a shocker. Comparing PS3 and Vita prices in US market, I thought price would be in the 32-33K range. Was ready to pre-order after the price announcement but dropped the plan for now.

Also, game prices at 4000+ is just insane! I already feel guilty spending 3000 a game when I look at my annual figure for gaming (even with 6 games a year, its close to 20K!)

I will look for import route from Dubai/US next year. Hopefully at least the game prices will become reasonable.

So disappointed.

Thats why PC is the the way to go always. Better graphics, much cheaper, and games, well even if you donnt torrent them, they still are much cheaper than console counterpart. In all aspects PC comes a clean winner ..... it always was actually .... right from day one.

Plus you can always connect a gamepad (xbox 360 controller) to get that console feel when playing racing games ......

Last edited:
You wouldn't get any warranty or servicing from Sony in India for US models. However, they said they would provide service for European and middle east models!

So there is a downside in buying US models even at that price.

BTW, where did you get that price from? Bangalore?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back