Pulz stereo amp. + speakers , any suggestion?

Brajendu

Dear All...

5 yrs ago after listening the first sweet sounding audio in a HIFi Store here in Pune, I've been very interested to get a good stereo setup (but the budget vs quality confusion continued for yrs) confusing myself that I can get bigger floor-standers if I spend little more, lil more, lil more... but finally realized that I should split the two aspect and freeze my confusion.

My Plan:
Plan1: I get a good bookshelf first; (I've a LG DVD player of model DV388)
Plan 2: and then I will go for a 'not-so-entry level' amp and tower speakers after may be 2yrs. with a CD player and DAC.

I have actively started investing (in a mutual fund or something else) for the goal of having a mid-end stereo system.:eek:hyeah: Many of you might ridicule my investment idea, but for me this is one of the systematic way to build enough corpus to upgrade my passion for audio. HiFi audio will be new to have, but I've been reading this forum for quite sometime (and recently it has become almost an addition for at least few hours everyday :D.. and if I don't decide very soon, then I cant do anything more valuable 'professional work') So recently I had another round of auditions in two places:

Demos:
Demo1. The Pulz 180DC integrated amp + Pulz 202 speakers in Pune. The shop is well known as Oceanic in Camp area. This system I have heard few time when the price was almost 50% cheaper than now. It still sounds very nice and musical to my ears, though I feel it should have lil more bass. Mr Sharma @Oceanic advices that more bass will fatigue the ears in long listening hours and extra bass is actually adding impurity to the music. They quoted a price of 30k for me in Pune.

Demo2. Norge 2060 amp+Warfedale 9.2 bookshelf speaker set. The shop is Aquaris Electronics. Shop No.: 17, kumar Pavilion, 2424 East street, camp. Initially I couldn't guess that it's the small book-shelf playing with such incredible power!!!... but later he explained me that it will even sound better after the speakers break-in. The technician again connected the Warfedale 10.5 towers. The power and thump was superb, just throbbing!!! the demo room of aprox. 10x10. He also auditioned me the newly opened the Paradigm floor-standers for me to get a feel of a better speaker. I don't remember the model name but it's feel was better than the Warfedale. Pricing: Norge:11.5K, Warfedale 9.2:17k, Warfedale 10.5:35K, Paradigm:42K.

After having these two different auditions I felt that the Pulz combo was more musical, sweet & natural sounding to my ears, where as the Norge+warfedale/Paradigm combo was more powerful, better bass and full for the room. My confusion i still not ameliorated but my instinct is pulling me more towards the Pulz... most probably I'll end up purchasing the Pulz very soon...:), and this will satisfy my 1st PLAN. and then for my 2nd PLAN, if I gather enough money in coming two yrs, then I'll surely go for a better amp+tower of around Rs. 1 lakh. Lot of people express in this forum that entry level amp+towers are not that good, so I can wait for sometime to get a better system of around 1 lakh.

I beg your expert/kind suggestions:
1. Has anybody got a Pulz combo of 180DC amp + 202 speakers?... how is the performance? the after sales service? SQ after using for few years? will it be sounding good if I place this combo in my hall of 18'x16'?

How will be the combination of the Pulz Pre+power amp with 202 speaker?... will it drive bigger towers if I purchase in future for my 2nd Plan?... Does anybody have the brochure of Pulz amp, speaker I mentioned?.. I cant find any updated info in their website.

Though I'm not aggressive for my Plan2 now, but I would like to have your valuable insights for a stereo system within 1 Lakh. ( 'not-so-entry level' amp + tower speakers + CD player + DAC. )

Regards,
Brajen

Right now I'm looking for your advice regarding the Pulz combo of 180DC amp + 202 speakers?... how is the performance? the after sales service? SQ after using for few years? will it be sounding good if I place this combo in my hall of 18'x16'?

How will be the combination of the Pulz power amp with 202 speaker?... will it drive bigger towers if I purchase in future for my 2nd Plan?... Does anybody have the brochure of Pulz amp, speaker I mentioned?.. I cant find any updated info in their website.

Reg Pulz and your PM

Sorry man not replied you..that sounds rude

Frankly I had pulz pre power for 6-7 months and I had another system
Pulz I got as swap for another system and I was planning to sell,
I sold it to acquire an avr and another pre power.
so frankly really do not know about its after sales service.

worked well with no of speakers.For 60+60 watts power amp was "too powerful" and "loud".Once tested with one of our members 100W small tannoy BS and Tannoys were not able to handle them!

When I bought seller told me that there is an issue with phono input,I connected my TT's and never found one.Also my buyer was music hobbyist and looking for TT connectivity and post my sale never complained and happy.
Since I got a good price I am too happy!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back