Pure Audio - Components

kprajiv

My current setup is Jamo c407 speakers run by Denon 2400h AV receiver. I recently purchased a pair of edifier bookshelf speakers and was amazed at the open and separated sound coming from these tiny cubes. My assumption is that the Jamo can perform better since I see glimpses of open and separated sound when playing DTS tracks.

Now I'm thinking of upgrading my system to focus on pure stereo sound. Does anyone has any experience with the c407's? Should I just get an integrated amplifier or do the speakers need to be upgraded as well? Or do I separate it out with pre amps, amps and players and see if the speakers are any better?

Have you checked the wiring on your speakers recently? Perhaps the terminals are flipped on one or both speakers? Put on a piece of music you are familiar with and check again. You should ideally be hearing stereo separation with your setup. I've done this goof-up a couple of times (eg., after house shifting or painting)...

. Now I'm thinking of upgrading my system to focus on pure stereo sound. Does anyone has any experience with the c407's? Should I just get an integrated amplifier or do the speakers need to be upgraded as well? Or do I separate it out with pre amps, amps and players and see if the speakers are any better?

The Jamo C series is supposedly one of the best in their line up for music......possibly if it was paired with a Marantz, you would have not possible felt the need.....a SR series would have done great justice.....

Try changing the speaker cables and playback a familiar track to check if there is a noticeable difference. Possible placement options....

If you need to go for a stereo amp, ensure you go with something which has good muscle power and components...these speakers will only work well then......

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back