QLED vs OLED vs LED TVs

From what I observed an OLED panel in dark room does not strain the eyes too much. This is coming off from a bright LED TV 9300D. Even if it is not cathode rays still it is backlighting and not like self emitting source of organic material based light.

Maybe because its not HIGH INTENSITY light.

I think for EYE HEALTH, direct LIGHT always less safer < than DIFFUSED light. Thats a hypothesis.

Maybe because its not HIGH INTENSITY light.

I think for EYE HEALTH, direct LIGHT always less safer < than DIFFUSED light. Thats a hypothesis.
This ought to be an area of research - lighting mechanisms, frequencies, wavelengths, intensities & effects - long term on EYES.
From what I observed an OLED panel in dark room does not strain the eyes too much. This is coming off from a bright LED TV 9300D. Even if it is not cathode rays still it is backlighting and not like self emitting source of organic material based light.

Your signature takes up too much space could your please optimize the same.

No one in any culture ever recommends looking directly at a Source of light for long time; Stare at Sun/ Mirror reflecting Sun? No. Stare at Bulb/ Tubelight No. ... Our EYES naturally go in defensive mode.

Sitting by the window of a relatively dark room and looking out on a sunny evening?
Enjoying the drive through view from a car, train, bus?
Glass ceiling inlets showcasing rain?
Walk through aquariums?

All these are light sources compared to where you stand. If you go out, they act as reflective surfaces.

Pointing out since the discussion is about emittive vs reflective viewing (sun vs moon).

In youtube, 8k videos when run on LG CX, it is much better than normal LCD LED TVs. Extremely bright visuals when changed rapidly also does not irritate the eyes.

How so , I see 2 perfects for OLED and 2 Excellent making it a 4 on 8 in terms of trumps over QLED. However what you are hinting out is true, that the above article seems to suggest QLED is a better overall product than OLED.

Just to give an end user perspective owning both TVs of the 2017 model (QA7F and C7) , the brightness seems to work in favor of the QLED for quiet a few sporting events but apart from that the OLED seems way better for OTT & content streamed from the PC. There are enough user & professional reviews on both so I will not stress further on the PQ.

Another important aspect which is service where LG has clearly trumped Samsung for me. To my ill fate both TVs went dead after the standard warranty period, was surprising to see TVs go bad so fast when our previous Samsung LCD TV lasted a good 10years+ and these are considered their top of the line series. LG made a workaround offer where they could offer me a 2 year extended warranty at a cost and provide a replacement panel for free which I gladly took and have my C7 serve me for at least another 2 years. Samsung refused to entertain any such thing & was quoted a ridiculous 65k for replacement panel whereas a new QLED starts at about 85-90k, add there was just a 6-month warranty on the panel. What hurts, even more, was no one was willing to take a stand and either close or escalate the issue, went round & round for 5 long months before I decided it was pointless and we are using the TV as is till it completely goes bad.
I think if you are buying high-end TV it is best to take EW ( extended warranty) for at least 4 years. This is one point missed by many buyers. Since most of us compare TV cost and we tend to not compare EW cost which ranges between 12-25 K depending upon where we are buying. The total cost of ownership is really important I.e. TV Cost + Warranty ( 15% -25%). EW is one area where offline guys making big difference.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back