Quad dealer in bangalore

Hello all,
I tried to find out from the forum.. but in vain.
could you tell me where can I listen Quad speaker in Banglore?
Who is the dealer here?

Lokesh (Vector) is not having Quad. He deals only with Wharfes.
Called up Masud. He said currently having only 11l2 FSs. And 12l2, i need to wait.
regards,
Anand

yes, based upon order he procures it,reason:11L prices 35k,most people prefer to go for FS at that price.

yes.. he also deals with quad. He doesnt have a listening setup since he is shifting the showroom. But will deliver the goods.
regards,
Anand.

Earlier this year I spent three days in Bangalore auditioning various brands.I got in touch with both Total Sound and Vector for setting up a Quad audition.I discovered that they stock Wharfedale and accept orders for Quad,but without an audition.The reason given by Mr.Masud (if I remember correctly) was that Quad is 'expensive',therefore not many takers,therefore no inventory.I found it pretty revealing that dealers/audiophiles even in big cities like Bangalore find Quad 'expensive'.Is the Indian audio market so small?No wonder most of the major international brands have yet to set up shop in India.
In the light of this knowledge,I felt happy that at least Absolute Phase,Odyssey and Reference Point are not only stocking major brands but also provide prospective customers the privilege of an audition.
Prithvi,Sridhar,Venky keep up the good work. :clapping:

Hello FMs,
Could someone please mention who's the current Quad dealer in Bangalore? I am planning to audition ( hopefully they are available for auditioning) the Quad S5 towers.

Additionally, does anyone own/have heard them?
I would love to have your views.

Thanks in advance,
Nagaraj

Hello FMs,
Could someone please mention who's the current Quad dealer in Bangalore? I am planning to audition ( hopefully they are available for auditioning) the Quad S5 towers.

Additionally, does anyone own/have heard them?
I would love to have your views.

Thanks in advance,
Nagaraj

I have had Quad S2 speakers and now Quad Z4. At first listen they don't sound very exciting as they are smooth with midrange bodied sound and were never designed to over impress. But once you start living with them they are very good speakers with great details and amazing imaging abilities. I have also found these speakers are very finicky with placement but once placed correctly and after getting used to ribbon tweeters, they reward with very sweet and non-fatiguing sound. They are also very resolving and will show any weaknesses in the chain easily including poorly recorded sources. Demo them if possible but don't expect a very impressive sound at the first listen. You really have to live with them. You will like them if you like non-fatiguing sound. They have a certain tone which is very sweet but not very live and natural' if you care about that. I believe they will sound very amazing with a tube amp, though I have never tried. I think it's hard to beat the price/performance of quad s series.

I have had Quad S2 speakers and now Quad Z4. At first listen they don't sound very exciting as they are smooth with midrange bodied sound and were never designed to over impress. But once you start living with them they are very good speakers with great details and amazing imaging abilities. I have also found these speakers are very finicky with placement but once placed correctly and after getting used to ribbon tweeters, they reward with very sweet and non-fatiguing sound. They are also very resolving and will show any weaknesses in the chain easily including poorly recorded sources. Demo them if possible but don't expect a very impressive sound at the first listen. You really have to live with them. You will like them if you like non-fatiguing sound. They have a certain tone which is very sweet but not very live and natural' if you care about that. I believe they will sound very amazing with a tube amp, though I have never tried. I think it's hard to beat the price/performance of quad s series.
Thanks for your detailed response. How is the bass response for the Quad Z? Do they have reasonable depth, or the bass is too 'tight' / thin. I am not a so called bassaholic, but I prefer deep, tuneful bass.
Thank you.

which amplifier use with quad z4?

Thanks for your detailed response. How is the bass response for the Quad Z? Do they have reasonable depth, or the bass is too 'tight' / thin. I am not a so called bassaholic, but I prefer deep, tuneful bass.
Thank you.

I found the bass is deep and tuneful, not boomy type and definitely not over powering though z4 has 3 bass drivers. Bass is very tightly integrated with mids and kind of dissolves in the sound. In my case it took a very long time to burn in the drivers before I started to like the bass, 3 months.

I found the bass is deep and tuneful, not boomy type and definitely not over powering though z4 has 3 bass drivers. Bass is very tightly integrated with mids and kind of dissolves in the sound. In my case it took a very long time to burn in the drivers before I started to like the bass, 3 months.
Thank you. Z4 is out of my budget. Seriously considering the S5 towers. I hope the S5s share the same characteristics as the Z4s.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back