query reg. power supply for integrated ACA amp

sarathssca

Could you please suggest regarding power supply for integrated ACA amp.
I am planning to have remote controlled volume control, small lcd display , optional preamp gain stage, and aca amp in same cabinet. Currently powering up the ACA with 19v, 90w laptop power supply. So inside the box we will be getting 2 wires one +19v line and one 0v line.
For the remote control will be using ardunio which needs +5v.
So can i use the same 19v supply lines (and ground lines) from the main amp , convert it to 5v using LM317 and feed the digital part ie. ardunio, remote control receiver, lcd?
Both the supply (19v and gnd) lines will be connected at a single point where they will branch to main amp and other part branch to digital part.

Or do we need to use a isolated DC-DC converter for 5v digital part?

Last edited:
If I was building this, I would have preferred a 15-0-15v toroid of 120va with a 9v auxiliary ac output. PSU would have been dual mono crc feeding to the amp boards. Lm317/337 based regulated PSU would have been feeding the preamp circuit (9v line). For a quick sq upgrade, I would have preferred to put a tube buffer before the amplification stage.

It is better to use a separate power supply for ACA and other functions, not a good idea to have same power supply.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back