Query regarding receiving Dolby sound from LED TV to 5.1 Home Theater

prashanth_s

Query regarding receiving Dolby sound from TV to 5.1 Home Theater.

1. My current setup (Airtel HD setup box + LG DVD player + 32 inch Soniq TV )Have connected setup box and TV through HDMI (1) and for audio connected 3 RCA (Red, White & Yellow) to LG DVD player, as this player doesn't have either a HDMI / digital optical port, i am receiving Dolby sound without any issues.

2. Google Chromecast connected to TV HDMI 2, audio input/ output with another set 3 RCA cables, whenever want to watch movies, music remove the red & white cable attached from DTH to DVD and hookup the red& white audio cable from TV to DVD to listen music but here TV is not sending Dolby sound via RCA cables, also having very low sound

3. TV doesn't have optical port and DVD player doesn't have HDMI and Optical port.

4. is there a way to receive Dolby sound from TV to DVD , via RCA to optical or RCA to HDMI cables or do I need any converters to work.

Regards,
Prashanth

Query regarding receiving Dolby sound from TV to 5.1 Home Theater.

1. My current setup (Airtel HD setup box + LG DVD player + 32 inch Soniq TV )Have connected setup box and TV through HDMI (1) and for audio connected 3 RCA (Red, White & Yellow) to LG DVD player, as this player doesn't have either a HDMI / digital optical port, i am receiving Dolby sound without any issues.

Don't think you are receiving the Dolby sound thru RCA.. Bcoz HD STB can only receive the signal & don't think they have the ability to decode them..

2. Google Chromecast connected to TV HDMI 2, audio input/ output with another set 3 RCA cables, whenever want to watch movies, music remove the red & white cable attached from DTH to DVD and hookup the red& white audio cable from TV to DVD to listen music but here TV is not sending Dolby sound via RCA cables, also having very low sound

3. TV doesn't have optical port and DVD player doesn't have HDMI and Optical port.

4. is there a way to receive Dolby sound from TV to DVD , via RCA to optical or RCA to HDMI cables or do I need any converters to work.

Regards,
Prashanth

DVD home-theater not having digital inputs is a limitation of the device.. An adaptor might work, but then it will make it too many wires and you would still get only stereo output..

An entry level AVR with 4 HDMI inputs might be the solution in your case..

Don't think you are receiving the Dolby sound thru RCA.. Bcoz HD STB can only receive the signal & don't think they have the ability to decode them..

AFAIK Airtel DTH STB (at least the Recorder version) can decode Dolby Digital and pass on PCM audio. But then I am not sure what is available on the RCA output. The Red White and Yellow is typically stereo audio plus S-Video. So it can give only 2.0 and the rest of the channel information would be lost.

AFAIK Airtel DTH STB (at least the Recorder version) can decode Dolby Digital and pass on PCM audio. But then I am not sure what is available on the RCA output. The Red White and Yellow is typically stereo audio plus S-Video. So it can give only 2.0 and the rest of the channel information would be lost.

Oh k.. My videocon HD STB has no Dolby imprint on it..

You are right..2 RCA out is stereo..Until & unless it is multichannel out on STB (most unlikely), it is stereo only..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back