Question about Samsung S95L reliability

FNM

I want to buy a 65” OLED TV. My top choice is the LG G3. Unfortunately is doesn’t come with a table-top stand, nor can one buy it from LG separately. So then the next choice is the Samsung S95L. I like this TV too, but I’ve read many reports of quality control issues, especially with the One Connect box and cable. My question is, is the S95L reliability as bad as it seems from online reports, or is it a relatively safe purchase? I know no brand / model is immune to failures, but the S95L seems to be especially prone to it.

The last option is the Sony A80L. I know Sony are considered to be the most reliable brand, and I would opt for the A80L, but I haven’t been able to properly audition it, so I wonder how it’s picture quality compares to the G3 and S95L?

ps: The only content I watch is AppleTV+, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney, and F1 races on F1TV app. (No gaming at all).

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I meant S95C, not S95L
There is also s90c samsung which I have opted for at 77 inch. This TV is real good too, about 30-40k difference than s95c. You can consider this too, if we think the samsung one connect is unreliable. Was in dilema about A80L as well, but this was more expensive than s90C.

There is also s90c samsung which I have opted for at 77 inch. This TV is real good too, about 30-40k difference than s95c. You can consider this too, if we think the samsung one connect is unreliable. Was in dilema about A80L as well, but this was more expensive than s90C.
Thank you for your reply. I will check out the S90C. Though I did read some reports that the panel has a tendency to bend. Have you read such reports? Also how did you like the A80L? Is the picture quality comparable to the S90C? Did you not find it too dim? If the price was the same as the S90C would you have bought it?

Thank you for your reply. I will check out the S90C. Though I did read some reports that the panel has a tendency to bend. Have you read such reports? Also how did you like the A80L? Is the picture quality comparable to the S90C? Did you not find it too dim? If the price was the same as the S90C would you have bought it?
I bought this TV last month, was very skeptical on damging the panel during installation (Stand) but it went through without any issues. No bending on my unit.

Tizen is PIA. so many glitches. You have to ensure you get a good third party stick/box to enjoy this TV.

I viewed this side by side to A80L, at its peak. This TV is better than A80L.

However, for SDR and 720p/1080p content, you will miss sony's processing badly. I also own a sony x90, Sony is far better in terms of processsing.

All in all, if your usage is to view 4K content of high bitrate 1080p content, this is a gorgeous unit. If majority of the content you watch is STB, low resolution You tube, you will not enjoy this at all.

I bought this TV last month, was very skeptical on damging the panel during installation (Stand) but it went through without any issues. No bending on my unit.

Tizen is PIA. so many glitches. You have to ensure you get a good third party stick/box to enjoy this TV.

I viewed this side by side to A80L, at its peak. This TV is better than A80L.

However, for SDR and 720p/1080p content, you will miss sony's processing badly. I also own a sony x90, Sony is far better in terms of processsing.

All in all, if your usage is to view 4K content of high bitrate 1080p content, this is a gorgeous unit. If majority of the content you watch is STB, low resolution You tube, you will not enjoy this at all.

i am in dilemma whether to go for the S90C/S95C or the LG C3. i checked 1080p/720p content on the samsung TVs, seemed okayish, but navigating through the tizen OS felt a bit sluggish, and everytime the PQ-mode had to be changed, the salesperson had to go to the homescreen & then navigate from there. when i commented on this, the salesperson who has been pushing these samsung TVs to me, gave some excuse like it is because am using a generic remote that's why. in comparison LG's webOS feels like a breeze. he quoted 1.45L for 65" S90C & 1.85L for 65" S95C to me.

can you pls briefly tell what kind of glitches you had/have to face with the tizen OS?
and did you get a chance to demo the S90C/S95C side-by-side with an LG C3?

reading online, am coming across several posts about samsung's doubtful QC, motion processing issues with these TVs (felt myself too) etc. plus LG offers 3Y warranty. so cant make up my mind.

can you pls briefly tell what kind of glitches you had/have to face with the tizen OS?
I have experienced all TV OSes, and here's my feedback on them:

Samsung's Tizen: Slow, doesn't have all apps. Sucks
LG's webOS: adware, doesn't have all apps. Sucks
Sony's/TCL's GoogleTV: Slows down to a crawl after a couple years. Sucks
Hisense VIDAA: doesn't have all apps. Sucks

Get an Apple TV for 15-16k and you'll get way faster, smoother machine with no ads and frequent updates. I got one for my Hisense U7K and after using it for a couple of weeks my wife says she will not use the A95K unless I get an apple TV for that as well, as it feels too slow.

I have experienced all TV OSes, and here's my feedback on them:

Samsung's Tizen: Slow, doesn't have all apps. Sucks
LG's webOS: adware, doesn't have all apps. Sucks
Sony's/TCL's GoogleTV: Slows down to a crawl after a couple years. Sucks
Hisense VIDAA: doesn't have all apps. Sucks

Get an Apple TV for 15-16k and you'll get way faster, smoother machine with no ads and frequent updates. I got one for my Hisense U7K and after using it for a couple of weeks my wife says she will not use the A95K unless I get an apple TV for that as well, as it feels too slow.

i had been using a mibox 4k with my present tv. although occasionally it lags a teeny-weeny bit, but overall am happy with it.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back