Question regarding Y connector

GeorgeO

Could anyone tell me if I can get a Y connector locally (MX?) to connect my input into my amp's RCA input, and also to take the signal to my sub woofer amp?

I have two inputs to connect two sources, but when I opened the amp to see if they could be connected, I see that the RCAs are mounted on a PCB and the modification work is a bit too much-mounting a Y adapter is a much simpler solution.

Thanks

George

Hi George,
Suri was really kind to send me something like that. I am not using them if you want I can mail them to you. Please pm me your address.
Thanks.

Hi George,
are you by any change trying to add the subwoofer to the single driver speakers you have? Have you done it before or want to try it out to see how it goes?
Thnaks.

Could anyone tell me if I can get a Y connector locally (MX?) to connect my input into my amp's RCA input, and also to take the signal to my sub woofer amp?

I have two inputs to connect two sources, but when I opened the amp to see if they could be connected, I see that the RCAs are mounted on a PCB and the modification work is a bit too much-mounting a Y adapter is a much simpler solution.

Thanks

George

If yours is a powered sub, then there is no need to connect to both the L/R of hte sub, only one should do with a regular sub RCA cable.

Y adapters are a pain in the back to use. If you really need them, then go with a Y cable. Also, if your sub has an option to adjust the low pass filters, then turn it all the way down if you go with both connectors.

Hi Mahi

The FR system needs(IMHO) a sub, otherwise the sound lacks punch. My Joplin 2A3 Class A amp( which I was using all along) has a problem and is out of commission-I had soldered up both the inputs to take a sub connection from the rear. My Sophia EL 34 amp, which I have now put into this system does not have a sub woofer out. I have used it with my two other speakers which have much better LF extension-they are 2 ways or MTM designs, so not using a sub is not too much of a problem.

George

Hi George,
are you by any change trying to add the subwoofer to the single driver speakers you have? Have you done it before or want to try it out to see how it goes?
Thnaks.

Marsilians

I mentioned sub amp-it is indeed a powered sub. I use DH Labs interconnects from my DAC to my amp.

George

If yours is a powered sub, then there is no need to connect to both the L/R of hte sub, only one should do with a regular sub RCA cable.

Y adapters are a pain in the back to use. If you really need them, then go with a Y cable. Also, if your sub has an option to adjust the low pass filters, then turn it all the way down if you go with both connectors.

No probs-I was not keen to replace my "good" interconnect with an ordinary y cable-after all after all the hours researching and making my interconnects! I thought a Y adapter would better fit my bill.

After reading your post, I went back and checked and lo and behold, in anticipation of such a problem, I had an additional line out on my DAC for a subwoofer, so the Y adapter is not needed right now, but is needed for this (Sophia) amp when I use it without my DAC.

George

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back