Quick Buy: DVD Player help

killerhertz

Hello One & All,

First off, I am overwhelmed with the kind of content & advice available in this forum. It's ironic I never was a member earlier [when those "big" purchases were made!], but then again, it's better late than never. Cheers to those who have posted prompt, polite, concise & unbiased replies//
So that's that.

I'm looking to replace my antiquated philips dvd player with a new & improved one as soon as possible, as it has no usb input, screws up big time when reading burned DVDs, and well, let's face it, it's time has come!!

I've been through several threads mentioning everything from the AC Ryan Mini, WD HD Player, Xtreamer to the SS[samsung] BD5100 and yeah, I'm all mixed up in terms of what's best for me. So here's what I'm looking for in my dvd player.

1. Plays all/most regions hassle free, dvd + usb input
2. Plays all standard formats [divx/avi/mpg/mpeg] as well as the latest audio/video formats - mp4, mkv, h264 etc. It would be GREAT if it also plays FLAC.
3. Affordability

I think SS-d5100 pretty much plays most of the above, with the exception of FLAC audio. Can anyone comment on this model?
[]Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player - BD-D5100 - blu-ray disc players - Blu-ray | SAMSUNG

I was overjoyed with the xtreamer's offering:
[http://www.xtreamer.in/support_contact.asp]
MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V)
MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG)
MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS)
VOB
AVI, ASF, WMV
Matroska (MKV)
MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4
FLV- Flash Video
AAC, M4A
MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA)
WAV
WMA
FLAC
OGG
AVC HD

But the catch with the xtreamer, is that it does not have a dvd/cd input. I think it has only USB input, which leaves me saddled with my good 'ol philly.
Plus there seems to be no mention of the cost? Any ideas?

So I guess this pretty much sums up my requirements for a dvd player. Audio+video capability, USB+DVD/CD input, Low cost...!!

Suggestions anyone? If you could also mention costing, it would be great.

Thanks, cheers and a Happy Diwali 2011 to all.

Back