Rahul Dravid

Was reading it yesterday ...And wow ....I think among the current crop of players, I can think of only Dravid and Sanga who are capable of such great pieces ..

Just read Rahul Dravids speech at the Bradman Oratory in Australia. Here a few crazy lines penned by me. Heres to you Dravid !!

When the going is good but you need some time..
Send in THE WALL
Send in THE WALL

When all appears lost..and with your backs to THE WALL
Send in THE WALL
Send in THE WALL

When the need of the hour is to stand tall and defend the Ball.
Send in THE WALL
Send in THE WALL

When the Indian citadel is under threat and is ready to Fall
Send in THE WALL
Send in THE WALL

For it is THE WALL that stands TALL
When the Opposition has the BALL

This iis WALL that the opposition wants to breach
Each and every time they have the BALL.

For when they see THE WALL walking back
Their tails are up and and they have a ball.
====================================================
Best of luck down under !!

English and Aaustralian respect there legends who has degree (dont know who invent and whats cratria for degree like Sir...
has anybody heard speech for Indian Legend like SRIKANTH , GAVASKAR , PATODI ,BEDI ,PARSANA,KAPIL DEV ...and many more
and really feeling shame when i read the news how BCCI eats Sunil Gavaskar hard earned money and denied to pay ...and how they ignored Kapil dev ..and other legend players
Since We are richest cricket board in the world but still Bagging degree.... authenticity.... (SIR)
and other hand we can say India is Gods (SACHIN TEDULAKAR /SEHWAG )country :)

Watching the speech made me 'see' the oration in a different way from reading it. I felt that the speech could have been a few minutes shorter as towards the end Rahul seemed to be tiring. A few more chuckle raisers would have gone down nicely with the Aussies. Considering it was an event organized for Don Bradman, there could have been more content about the Don and a little less about Indian cricket. The speech had a 'diplomatic' feel which is understandable as Rahul was there as our brand ambassador. On the whole a well written and well executed oration from one of our best and most likeable sportsman. I also admire Sunny Gavaskar's verbal and batting skills and he would have been the other great choice for delivering the Bradman oration.

Last edited:
Rahul Dravid is a Josephite( St Joseph's Boys High School, Bangalore), as his his younger brother, Vijay, which also happens to be my school. I have seen him there for our OBA Day, with some of his chaddi dosts and he was honoured there for Life time Achievement, a few years ago.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back