Receiver/Amp + Speaker setup for Music

druk2004

Dear Experts,

I am looking for a setup for pure music listening. Budget is upto 2 lacs. I am bit confused which setup would give me the best sounding system for music within my budget.
Between A/V Receiver and Integrated Amp ... which one should I choose ?
Which speakers should I choose ? Bookshelf or Towers ? Is Sub woofer a must for Music ?

Plz suggest.

For pure music listening, choose an IA or a pre power combo (The latter may be a little difficult on your budget).

Also, get started with a good IA as otherwise, you'll be bitten with the upgrade bug rather soon
i went through 4 amplifies before i finally decided to splurge and get a decent one cuz it always felt like the speakers had more to give but were limited by the amp.

Having said that, if you specify the sources that you'll play your content from, it'll be easier for FMs to give you more relevant and focussed suggestions.

You don't have too worry much about speakers since the sub 1L market has some pretty solid contenders and I'm sure you'll come across plenty of suggestions which will all be fantastic, no matter which one you choose (get the Mission QX2 and don't get put off by it's price: it's difficult to get better overall musicality for under 1L and you'll have saved yourself a ton of money to get a fantastic amplifier and a good sub).

Also, while a sub is not always necessary, it also depends a lot on your room Acoustics and positioning. We live in an imperfect world (and houses) with compromises and you'll find that most speakers have difficulty producing bass if not positioned correctly while some rooms are just bad, no matter what the positioning. In such cases, a sub becomes a necessity as otherwise, you'll find the music wanting because of a lack of a solid bottom end to provide a foundation for the frequencies above.

For music, you have to hear a REL before you proceed with any other. I've heard promising things about rhythmik but haven't heard them personally.

Get yourself a good amp and a decent pair of bookshelves and after trying it out in your room, decide whether you also need a sub.

Recently @Madhu75 has build a great stereo setup with the help of senior FM. You may check his thread or ask for help from him......you may add a sealed subwoofer in his setup for great low end extension.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back