Reclaimed wood turntables

Hi Rajiv,

Good piece of art. With such solid constriction I think vibration & Resonance will be totally eliminated from the platter and plinth. I remember Mr.Saeed saying that a person in Chennai has a TT whose plinth is made of Volcanic lava. Like to listen to it one day.:licklips:

Good work.

N.Murali

I remember Mr.Saeed saying that a person in Chennai has a TT whose plinth is made of Volcanic lava. Like to listen to it one day.:licklips:

Murali Sir, the Technics SP-10 Turntable had a plinth made of obsidian (volcanic glass). Member Anilva has this fabulous turntable here in Bangalore along with many other TTs. The TT is so heavy that it is impossible for one person to lift this TT :).

http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/sp10page.html

HI,

I remember Mr.Saeed saying that a person in Chennai has a TT whose plinth is made of Volcanic lava.

Murali,the TT which Mr.Sayeed was refering to is the Technics SP15 with a plinth made of obsidian (volcanic glass) as Santosh has mentioned.The SP15 is the model below the SP10.

How is the Grado cartridge performing?

Your impressions might be helpful to other forum members who are looking at cartridges in that price bracket.

Regards
Rajiv

Yes I am also looking for cartridge for very low mass arm of my Micro Seiki MB-14st.AT 440MLA comes to my mind.Can anyone suggest me a good cart around $150.

Regards,
Sachin

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back