Recommend me the best 32 inch LED TV

Hello All,

As the title suggests, I am out on a hunt for the best 32-incher out there.

I would be watching HD broadcasts (Tata Sky HD) and the occasional Blu-ray/DVD movie.

My priorities include:

1. Accurate colour and contrast

2. A punchy picture in a well lit room, one that isn't too dim.

3. Robust build quality, sculpted from top notch materials and having excellent workmanship, fit and finish.

The reason I am considering only 32 inch sets is the fact that I don't have the space for a larger panel.

I have browsed through the specifications of the following models:

1. Sony KDL-32HX750

2. LG 32LM6400 / 32LM6410

3. Panasonic TH-L32E5D

4. Samsung UA32ES6200R

I shall be placing the set on the top of my NorStone Kubben.

Of these 4 TVs, the only one that I have seen so far is the LG.

I liked the picture and the features on offer, but I did notice slightly cheap workmanship.

The material used to build the set and the plastic on the remote had a flimsy feel to it.

Overall finish and plastic quality appeared to be a step down from my old Sony KLV32V - 550A.

I wish to know if I should ignore the subpar build quality of the LG and buy it, ahead of its competitors.

3D isn't my concern, I am more focussed on reference quality 2D performance.

The LG has local dimming whereas the Sony has frame dimming. LG looks so good on paper, with so many features, but to my eyes, it lacked the 'premium' feel.

I plan to check out the remaining sets very soon, but would like to have your opinion, nevertheless.

Kindly suggest the best option that should fit my needs.

Thanks

for a 32 incher dont invest much get a sony any model hd ready under 25k..........

if want to invest more get a 40 incher 42 incher or 46 incher

samsung plasma 38k....470/490
sony led 40 incher ex650 56k...
panasonic plasma xt 42 incher 47k...

a tv is meant for best picture....outside looks are like free salads with main course

Best option for your requirements is Sony KDL-32HX750, avoid plasma set, you will get massive reflections due to a well it room and image burn is also a big drawback of plasma.

I am using an LG 32LV3730 LED TV for a few months. Very satisfied with the display, but sound is poor (literally forced me to buy an AVR). One thing I would say is, only after buying an installing the TV did I realize that there was space for a much bigger TV :eek:

Anyway, if you can do something about the sound, it's definitely a good option. Don't worry about the Smart TV stuff, you will likely not use it due to the inconvenient menu etc. Plays USB content nicely.

On another note, I find myself gravitating towards LG products over the last few years. My washing machine, TV, ACs etc are all LG now... mainly because I keep blacklisting brands that I have bad experiences with, and thankfully haven't had any with LG so far.

I would suggest Sony 40EX430 or 40EX650 to you :)

The LG set doesn't have local dimming it's just marketing BS. It has the poorest blacks and contrast of all the TVs you shortlisted save the Panasonic one as that too uses same IPS panel I believe.

Another important criteria to look into when buying a LED tv these days is whether or not it has Smart TV capabilities. It comes in handy these days with consoles and laptops being able to directly link with your tv now. You can also check out Best 32-inch Led Tv | NichePage for more explanation about smart TVs.

I am also planning to by a led tv. Actually want 32" one because of budget. Seen comments above to go for 40 or above. May i know why ?

I was originally looking for samsung/ sony within 30-35K. But now the smart tv and other features attacts me more and for them it will cost around 40+ for samsung/sony. Seen LG and panasonic sets, which are feature rich . Panasonic even offer 3 year warrently. Really confused now :( . Can anyone help ?

Seen comments above to go for 40 or above. May i know why ?

Large screen enhances the movie watching experience. My first LCD TV was 26" and I thought it was too large for my room. Now I have 40" LED, but has already started to feel it is small. For HD content the larger the display the better.

Large screen enhances the movie watching experience. My first LCD TV was 26" and I thought it was too large for my room. Now I have 40" LED, but has already started to feel it is small. For HD content the larger the display the better.

I can foresee that ALL the video enthusiast members in this forum will end up with projectors within 5 years. Count me in as well and for me it won't take more than 1.5 years :eek:hyeah:

I'm using panasonic e5d 32 incher 2012 smart tv model for about 6 months and im very much satisfied with it.you can also checkout latest 2013 models in their website.
but i must tell you that don't fall for these smart tv gimmicks.even myself was very obsessed within first few days of purchase of my tv then i realized these are just a time pass.
Always remember only picture & sound quality matters in lcd/led/plasma televisions.:)

so, if i am going to purchase 32 or less size , better go for hd enabled than full hd ? There is huge price difference. So, investing it for full hd is a waste if i go for 32" ?

I own the Sony KDL-32HX750 and the TV is amazing. One of the best I have seen so far.

Also you should check a few of these and research a little so you can see if some of them suit your needs. Best 32 inch TV

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back