Recommendations for 3.5mm jack.

Hifi_Noob

Hi guys,

I have a stereo amp with banana connectors and I want provide it input from my led TV. TV has 3.5 mm audio output only.

So, I belive that I have to buy one 3.5 mm jack either soldering or solder less.

Could you guys please recommend one and also from where I can buy it?

Also, if you can help me understand how to solder it, if required? How to understand where the left and right (+ve, -ve) will go in 3.5 mm plug? Is the connection is common for all 3 pole and 4 pole plugs?

Thanks & Regards

Hi guys,

I have a stereo amp with banana connectors and I want provide it input from my led TV. TV has 3.5 mm audio output only.

So, I belive that I have to buy one 3.5 mm jack either soldering or solder less.

Also, if you can help me understand how to solder it, if required? How to understand where the left and right (+ve, -ve) will go in 3.5 mm plug? Is the connection is common for all 3 pole and 4 pole plugs?

Thanks & Regards
Maybe you should start off first by reading the manual that came with your TV and amplifier. Learning about various terminologies in audio will also help in understanding and communicating your thoughts to others.

Your 3.5mm headphone jack of your TV is the output.

You need to connect that to RCA connectors on the input side of your amplifier in sockets that are marked CD/Tape/DVD/Aux/Tuner, any one of these and press the corresponding button on the selector switch.

Do not connect to any of the phono sockets.

The banana sockets that you mention are the output side of your amp and are used to connect the speakers to hear the sound

You can't connect your TV to your banana sockets

You do not need to learn soldering, or find out which lug on the 3.5mm jack goes where

You need to search for and order a "3.5mm Stereo EP to 2 RCA" cord on any online or offline store and connect accordingly.

Hi guys,

Thanks & Regards
You need something like this to go from your TV headphone jack to your amp RCA inputs. Banana plugs are for speaker connections.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07M9NBBTV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_ENP0VJ5M9QWSV6XQWN6R#

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back