Record Stores Day

Yeah I saw that! I am so close.... yet so far. I land in London on 20th Night. So I miss it by 5 days! :sad:

To talk about India, I wish there were enough good record shops leave aside a records day!

Don't know the record store day, but lets start our own "Record Day". My suggestion would be November 11 since on that day in 1902 First song was recorded artist was Gauhar jan So lets dedicate this day to her and to vinyl format.
Link : The Hindu : Making musical waves

What do you suggest? We get together and exchange/trade records? The idea looks good! :licklips:

Wish we could have had World HiFi Fair in India like the book and trade fairs. :)

we can have a records audition conference. all members coming to the venue and audition rare finds. let this last for 2-3 days.
anyone having expansive property can arrange the stay and gears could be flown in to. so we have the conference without astronomical expenses.
lets have it this christmas/holiday season.
i can arrange a venue here in indore. a farm housewith 10k sqf lawn and 3-4 sq f banglow with hall and bedrooms converted to audition rooms.
members stay could be arrange at unoccupied flats of friends. those wanting upmarket facilities may have to stay at hotels at their own expense but our basic low cost of entry plan will ensure maximum members participation.
indore is the city lataji was born in and we have a must see vinyl museum having her 28k+ songs on vinyl.
a trip could be the part of itinerary.
http://indianmusiccollection.in/?page_id=31
any other options of venues by other members??
as for the content of conference, a few columnists who write trivia about songs and lp records in our newspaper can deliver lectures about interesting topics .
we can have hardware related lecture too. we can showcase some excellent rigs and can have vendor stalls here.
we can have essay competetion for members on topic such as how i got into vinyl world or any interesting anecdotes pertaining to my life as a vinyl enthusiast. we can have a trivia exhibition on vinyl related stuffs too. if members show genuine interest, we can take the idea ahead.
if 100-200 delegates attend it, it could be a big success.
regarding world hifi fair kind of stuff... we already have avmax expo and what hifi fair that serves the purpose though the content may not be as good as international fairs.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back