[Rel v0.2] Tatasky Leech - Scheduler for Tatasky+ SD & HD

vinylrecord

Hi

Here is the 1st proper release of the Tatasky Leech.

Features

• Allows automated scheduling of Tatasky programs
  • Supports all channels - both SD and HD
  • Specific features for recording movies and programs.
  • For movies, using IMDB for movie information, record by
    • Genre
    • Year of Release
    • Language
    • Time of Transmission - Start /End
    • Specific Inclusions & Exclusions
    • If previously recorded or not
  • For regular programs, record by
    • Time of Transmission - Start /End
    • Specific Inclusions & Exclusions
  • Allows channel specific configuration/
  • If a channel has both programs and movies, support both with different configs

Screenshots

The application

TataSkyLeech0.2.jpg

Sample Config for Star Movies HD - recording movies

starmovieshdconfig0.2.jpg

Sample Config for Sony HD - recording programs / shows
sonyhdconfig0.2.jpg

Sample Config for Star Gold HD - recording movies
stargoldhdconfig0.2.jpg

Database of recorded movies - automatically maintained so these are never recorded again

recordedmovies0.2.jpg

Detailed Log file - for checking if the rules are correctly configured
log0.2.jpg

Requirements

- Java JRE - minimum version 5. You can download the latest version from Java SE Downloads
- Firefox - any newer version. I have tested with version 18 & version 22.
- OS - Should run on any OS that has Java and Firefox. Tested on Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.7.5 Lion.

Installation Instructions

1. Download and extract the files into any directory of your choice.
2. Do NOT extract the TataSkyRecord_fat.jar, it should remain as is.
3. The zip file has a directory/folder called 'tataskyrecord'. This has the configuration files and stores the history and log files. This needs to be copied to the user folder.
4. In Win 7, it's C:\Users\[UserName].
5. On the mac, it's /Users/[Username].
(Replace [UserName] with your login/user name).
6. Find this folder and copy the tataskyrecord folder here. So you will end up with C:\Users\[UserName]\tataskyrecord\ in windows and /Users/[Username]/tataskyrecord/ on the mac.

Configuration

1. There are pre-enabled and tested configuration files already in tataskyrecord/channels folder.
2. You can use these as a template or make modifications as required.
3. You can add any number of ini files in the channels folder, all of them will get recorded.
4. To delete or temporarily disable an ini, simply move it to another folder. There is a bak folder in the channels folder for this purpose.
5. For now, only keep the ini files in the channels folder. The software assumes that there are no other type of file there.

More Channels

- For any new channel to be configured, there are 2 parameters in the config file called FirstID and SecondID.
- Please let me know for which channels you need this, and I can provide these parameters.
- You can let me know any channel that supports recording on the Tatasky website (I believe all are supported).

Running

1. Windows users can double-click on the run.bat file, Mac and Linux users will need to open a command prompt and type "java -jar TataSkyRecord_fat.jar" without the quotes.
2. The main screen should open.
3. Enter your credentials and click Record.
4. Wait...there will be a big lag while Firefox loads and starts doing stuff.
5. You should be able to see Firefox doing navigating the site, click things etc.
6. The Activity log in the app will show you which movies it has recorded for you.

Daily Scheduling

- You can run this automatically every morning using any scheduler.
- When you run this from a scheduler script, you should pass a command-line parameter 'silent'. i.e. the full command will be "java -jar TataSkyRecord_fat.jar silent" without the quotes.
- When this parameter is passed, the program will automatically start and end using the saved login / password.
- Before you run with silent open, start the program once to enter your login / password, and test if the recordings are happening correctly.

It currently does not handle incorrect username/passwords etc gracefully - Please type in your login/passwords correctly.

Downloads

Download Link -
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...aSkyRecord.zip

Java SE -
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Firefox -
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Do let me know about config files for channels, issues and suggestions.

Thanks

BiggBoss recording - Tatasky Leech

Hi

Here is the config file for Colors HD. This is currently configured to record BiggBoss properly. The default 'series' recording missed the weekend telecasts since it's not called biggboss, rather something like 'Weekend with Salman'.

This records all shows of BiggBoss correctly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39463109/colorshd.ini

Cheers

Hi VinylRecord,

Is the app still supported? I just downloaded and ran it. I just get the blank Firefox Window!

I can send you the logs if required.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back